TAGG
January 11, 2018, 6:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,996
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from ginnywings
Reading the club statement the other day, it's a bit vague as to when the new 'quality' players will be arriving. It doesn't specifically state that they will be in this window as far as i can tell. Will some of the extra budget go on paying off players early?

If the player/s they have indentified and want are not available until the summer, will the fans accept that, given that most are now assuming we are signing some in the next three weeks? Think Russ had already hinted at that in the interview.

Ye see that about 'quality players' wonder if there the same ones that are supposed to make the hear stand up on the back of our necks that we've been waiting for for donkeys years????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
dicko995
January 11, 2018, 7:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
it is a reasonable statement on how things  are developing, cant see how it warrents a red cross, I just want us to get involved in getting the players we need, and not wait until its at the deadline. I just think we should grab while out there. Maybe a few 'crabs' with guilty continence are still having bad feelings like me with the continuation of the Clown being in command/, just that I thought the sooner the better to changw thinfgs around, but me myself want rid too, lets see on Saturday!, we lose, we get rid, we hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
barrattstandman
January 11, 2018, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
We don’t want fans like you . Stay away  if that’s all you want is to see us lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
ginnywings
January 11, 2018, 7:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
Quoted from dicko995
it is a reasonable statement on how things  are developing, cant see how it warrents a red cross, I just want us to get involved in getting the players we need, and not wait until its at the deadline. I just think we should grab while out there. Maybe a few 'crabs' with guilty continence are still having bad feelings like me with the continuation of the Clown being in command/, just that I thought the sooner the better to changw thinfgs around, but me myself want rid too, lets see on Saturday!, we lose, we get rid, we hope

I'd get to the Docs with those ailments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
arryarryarry
January 11, 2018, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,062
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ginnywings
Reading the club statement the other day, it's a bit vague as to when the new 'quality' players will be arriving. It doesn't specifically state that they will be in this window as far as i can tell. Will some of the extra budget go on paying off players early?

If the player/s they have indentified and want are not available until the summer, will the fans accept that, given that most are now assuming we are signing some in the next three weeks? Think Russ had already hinted at that in the interview.

I agree listening to Russell Slade's interview today he mentioned that some of his targets may not arrive until the summer.

I think he was just preparing us for not too many more signings this month which I hope is not the case as I wouldn't want the burden of our failure to score goals to be put on that young lad's shoulders.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
headingly_mariner
January 11, 2018, 9:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
As if people want us to lose. That's crazy, I'll be there on Saturday hoping for a massive turnaround, definitely not expecting it though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Mariner_09
January 11, 2018, 10:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I’d much prefer we waited to get the ones we wanted (like Klopp did with Van Djik) rather than rushed into signing rubbish (like he did in the summer TBH. Except that was due to dilly dallying about with players would never sign (Chicksen, Revell, Hart, Walker, Crofts etc) and ending up with what nobody else wanted (Hooper, Dixon, Woolford). Please learn. I’d much rather have a squad of 20-22 really top quality players for this level than 28+ with some “good”, some “ok” and most “not good enough”.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Marinerz93
January 11, 2018, 11:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dicko995
and I really hope we get thrashed on Saturday. I am totally against the crap from the board. The Clown will not get better, he should of been gone last satursay evening. Hope Fenty and Clown Slade like making history in bringing the club into oblivion

This opinion of yours would have been better if

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1G6CqMi.jpg[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Tinymariner
January 12, 2018, 10:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I’m sorry but the same people who are calling for Slade and Fenty to leave are the same people bleating about not signing new players. Who the hell is going to sign for a club who’s fans are up in arms and where the management team are in danger of losing their jobs.
The board have publicly backed the management in order to stabilise the club and hopefully convince players it’s safe to sign for us, has it worked? Unlikely, as most fans have just ridiculed the statement and continued to call for heads rather than rally around and say ‘f@ck it, I’m not keen on the manager or/ Fenty, but it’s my club and I’m going to support the team and see where it gets us for the rest of the season’.
DublinMariner, you Sir/madam have inspired me to get off my backside and go to the upcoming games including Colchester, which I had decided not to bother with, thank you.
I’ll be there on Saturday against Newport too, not singing ‘Slade out, but All Town are we’ UTFM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
headingly_mariner
January 12, 2018, 12:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Tinymariner
I’m sorry but the same people who are calling for Slade and Fenty to leave are the same people bleating about not signing new players. Who the hell is going to sign for a club who’s fans are up in arms and where the management team are in danger of losing their jobs.
The board have publicly backed the management in order to stabilise the club and hopefully convince players it’s safe to sign for us, has it worked? Unlikely, as most fans have just ridiculed the statement and continued to call for heads rather than rally around and say ‘f@ck it, I’m not keen on the manager or/ Fenty, but it’s my club and I’m going to support the team and see where it gets us for the rest of the season’.
DublinMariner, you Sir/madam have inspired me to get off my backside and go to the upcoming games including Colchester, which I had decided not to bother with, thank you.
I’ll be there on Saturday against Newport too, not singing ‘Slade out, but All Town are we’ UTFM

Players will sign if you pay them the right money.
The style of the statement was generally praised as an improvement by most. Some had questions about the content and I would say rightly so.
This sort of fan blaming excuses the failure of the board and the management. The fans have the least influence on whether a player signs for the club or not.
You can't behave the way that our Board have in recent history and suddenly expect a rallying cry to unite to have the desired impact. The proof of the aims stated will be in the signings made in January and the results for the rest of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Were missing them

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.