3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
January 11, 2018, 3:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Looking at the transfer market, I have a gut feeling we are missing out on the players we need. Over the last couple of days,Port Vale,Notts County, Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe have snapped up what I would call gems, mainly on loan deals. There has been no news on any interest from the beloved lords of our club except about Codey from Truro, whom many clubs are interested in. Were nearly half way through the market deadline and all we have is a goalkeeper and an 'apprentice' striker. As the days go by, the games go by, and yes, I do realise it takes time for the phone calls to come in from agents etc, but I would really like to see players being signed up sooner than later, as we all know that as the deadline approaches,all that is left is the dregs, lets hope we get some gems soon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
January 11, 2018, 3:33pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Nothing new  there ,expect an influx on the 29th Jan.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Gaffer58
January 11, 2018, 4:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Just a maybe here, but maybe clubs don't want to send their decent young players on loan to us because of the style of football Slade plays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
Mrs Doyle
January 11, 2018, 4:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from dicko995
Looking at the transfer market, I have a gut feeling we are missing out on the players we need. Over the last couple of days,Port Vale,Notts County, Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe have snapped up what I would call gems, mainly on loan deals. There has been no news on any interest from the beloved lords of our club except about Codey from Truro, whom many clubs are interested in. Were nearly half way through the market deadline and all we have is a goalkeeper and an 'apprentice' striker. As the days go by, the games go by, and yes, I do realise it takes time for the phone calls to come in from agents etc, but I would really like to see players being signed up sooner than later, as we all know that as the deadline approaches,all that is left is the dregs, lets hope we get some gems soon.

Bignot brought plenty of players in early doors in hindsight it never really worked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
MuddyWaters
January 11, 2018, 4:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Bignot brought plenty of players in early doors in hindsight it never really worked.

To be fair, he wasn't given long to make it work and his last game was a comfortable away win against a team that got promoted. A goal would be a start!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
ginnywings
January 11, 2018, 4:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Waiting doesn't always leave the dregs. A player may lower his sights a tad as the month goes by and we get someone we maybe didn't think we would. Wait and see what happens and if at the end of the month it's underwhelming, then have a pop.

A lot of the signings i have seen have been of the sort we have brought in so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
Abdul19
January 11, 2018, 4:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,539
Gold Stars: 215
Indeed. Jones came in at the last minute (I know he's not playing well at the moment but he's still one of our best players), whilst Gunning came in mid month.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
moosey_club
January 11, 2018, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
In all honesty , reading between the lines of the " boards" recent statement i think its a case of get some out to release funds/budget to be able to get some more in.
Last transfer window it appeared that the board and manager were expecting/hoping a few would have gone out and we ended up being extremely top heavy in centre mid once Bignot had signed (9 was it ?) players in during the transfer window and hardly anyone went.  

We dont want that happening again.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
Mikoo
January 11, 2018, 6:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Quoted from Abdul19
Indeed. Jones came in at the last minute (I know he's not playing well at the moment but he's still one of our best players), whilst Gunning came in mid month.

That's true, but it wasn't out of the blue, we'd been chasing him for weeks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
ginnywings
January 11, 2018, 6:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Reading the club statement the other day, it's a bit vague as to when the new 'quality' players will be arriving. It doesn't specifically state that they will be in this window as far as i can tell. Will some of the extra budget go on paying off players early?

If the player/s they have indentified and want are not available until the summer, will the fans accept that, given that most are now assuming we are signing some in the next three weeks? Think Russ had already hinted at that in the interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Were missing them

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.