Mariner Ronnie
January 18, 2018, 9:05am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Full sell out on Saturday according to their twitter.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
oochiad
January 18, 2018, 9:17am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Considering they’re 17th that’s pretty good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
GYinScuntland
January 18, 2018, 11:38am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I was there yesterday on a mooch around the North East.
Had a beer on the marina, a bite to eat on one of the old Humber ferries (Wingfield Castle) and a look around the Navy museum.
Plus some decent pubs.
It was brassic but made me realise there's worse places to go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
AndyDarloFC
January 18, 2018, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Full sell out on Saturday according to their twitter.

Credit where credits due for that like. They’ll need to sustain that for the rest of the season.

Rumours are that our ex chairman, Raj Singh, the very same guy who f*ucked us over is interested in Hartlepool.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 52
Les Brechin
January 23, 2018, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Looking like imminent admin for Hartlepool as would-be investor pulls out.

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co......s-interest-1-8975899

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
AndyDarloFC
January 23, 2018, 5:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
They are going down the same route we ended up on 6 years ago.

Too bad for them. Start at the bottom again is just what they'll need.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 52
RoboCod
January 23, 2018, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Pools need £200,000 by Jan 25th.

Sanchez has just signed for Man Utd for an estimated £350,000 a week  

The Premier league shames our once great game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
Davec
January 23, 2018, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
How much of this 200k do they have so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
AndyDarloFC
January 23, 2018, 5:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
From our local paper.

THE future of Hartlepool United has been plunged into serious doubt after a deal to save the club collapsed.

Hartlepool-born businessman Chris Musgrave was ready to step in and save his home-town club, but, after seeing the state of the club’s finances, has pulled out.

Pools are in a financial mess and are up for sale. Musgrave was the only hope of saving the club and it now seems administration and even liquidation are possible.

Pools go to Chester tonight in the National League on the back of one win in 13 games.

A statement from Musgrave read: “Some weeks ago, I was approached by Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council, to consider the prospect of buying Hartlepool United Football Club, so that it could be saved from financial ruin.

It was clear to me that the Leader of the Council and his officials, intended to do everything possible to secure the long term future of the club, due to its social and economic importance to the town.

“On that basis, I agreed to entertain the possibility of purchasing the enterprise, providing the financial challenges were such, that I could accurately estimate the financial sum I would be required to inject into the club.

“I know very little about the game of football and I am not a football enthusiast, but I do understand the importance of the club to the town, as it has been an integral part of the community for over 100 years.

“It would be a sad day for Hartlepool, if such a vital asset was lost. No one wants to see that happen and I have been impressed with the spirit of the supporters and wider public in their efforts to save the club.

“I have had the good fortune to have been successful in business, for over 35 years and I do have substantial experience in making loss making businesses - profitable.

“Over the past two weeks, I have held meetings with officials of the Football Club, the Council and other parties, which has allowed me to interrogate the historical decision making of Executives of the club, with regard to the financial position in particular.

“I have concluded, that the financial challenges facing the club are serious indeed, but I have not been able to identify the exact amount of cash I would be required to make available to save the club. It has therefore been impossible for me to prepare a financial rescue package or a plan to deal with the long term, which is disappointing.

“No one has ever made money out of this club. That was never my intention and I was prepared to provide finance to the value of over £1.5m, but I am not prepared to sign blank cheques, with no end in sight.

“As it stands, I do not intend to provide any funds to the Football Club, for reasons within this statement, but I do hope the club will saved.’’

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 52
barrattstandman
January 23, 2018, 6:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
And we are trying to force out our safe pair of hands .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartlepool

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.