rh tonight

This thread currently has 7,943 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Elgringo87
January 9, 2018, 8:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Did anyone tonight hear the disgruntled town fan living in lincoln on radio humberside , made some very good points about how lincolns absolutely buzzing still and the club do a lot of stuff to keep that going off the field ,, in hard times like we're currently experiencing if I was fenty I'd have them players in schools, colleges,  community meetings , anything possible to get the team interacting with the fans general public anything possible to show these players and manager inc that they have a bit of passion and pride and general concern for this team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gaffer58
January 9, 2018, 8:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,084
Gold Stars: 31
Probably the players don't really give a fig, also after a 3 hour training session the poor darlings are maybe tired and need to get home to their PlayStation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
ginnywings
January 9, 2018, 8:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,089
Gold Stars: 548
Welcome Elgringo. Didn't catch RH tonight but you have to say that Lincoln had a fantastic season and not only won the league, but had a fantastic cup run which i think did more than anything to swell their gates and get them buzzing. It also brought in a ton of cash which has given them a great budget to work with, so i think they came into the league on a much bigger high than we did, as we only really got there by the skin of our teeth. The upturn in their attendances is impressive but when they hit a lean spell, and they will, how many of them will hang around?

Think there are a lot of reasons why our momentum stalled. Hurst breaking up the squad and then leaving didn't help, but i also think the club could have done more in this regard. Alas, our feelgood factor is totally shot now and we have to start to rebuild it somehow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
hheh2
January 9, 2018, 9:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
If we had kept Hurst, which could have been possible if not for Fenty, we would still have that momentum

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
promotion plaice
January 9, 2018, 9:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,998
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Elgringo87
Did anyone tonight hear the disgruntled town fan living in lincoln on radio humberside , made some very good points about how lincolns absolutely buzzing still and the club do a lot of stuff to keep that going off the field ,, in hard times like we're currently experiencing if I was fenty I'd have them players in schools, colleges,  community meetings , anything possible to get the team interacting with the fans general public anything possible to show these players and manager inc that they have a bit of passion and pride and general concern for this team

Can't be easy being a Town fan living in Lincoln at the minute.......I feel for him.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2018, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,874
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Elgringo87

It worked for us in the late 70s and early 80s, it would work again if the club could be arsed

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
1mickylyons
January 10, 2018, 7:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
Welcome Elgringo. Didn't catch RH tonight but you have to say that Lincoln had a fantastic season and not only won the league, but had a fantastic cup run which i think did more than anything to swell their gates and get them buzzing. It also brought in a ton of cash which has given them a great budget to work with, so i think they came into the league on a much bigger high than we did, as we only really got there by the skin of our teeth. The upturn in their attendances is impressive but when they hit a lean spell, and they will, how many of them will hang around?

Think there are a lot of reasons why our momentum stalled. Hurst breaking up the squad and then leaving didn't help, but i also think the club could have done more in this regard. Alas, our feelgood factor is totally shot now and we have to start to rebuild it somehow.

The key point here I guess is Lincoln with 7-8k gates when they next hit a lean spell will be better off than us with 3-4k.Of course GY have 3-4k hardcore fans and Lincoln have had a massive influx of newbies but a lot of them will be young fans and a lot dormant Imps who probably hadn't bothered for years.Of course a lot will drop off but they will still retain a load and I don't see Lincoln dropping below 5k in the next couple of years unless they do a GY and shoot themselves in the foot numerous times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 42
headingly_mariner
January 10, 2018, 8:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The key point here I guess is Lincoln with 7-8k gates when they next hit a lean spell will be better off than us with 3-4k.Of course GY have 3-4k hardcore fans and Lincoln have had a massive influx of newbies but a lot of them will be young fans and a lot dormant Imps who probably hadn't bothered for years.Of course a lot will drop off but they will still retain a load and I don't see Lincoln dropping below 5k in the next couple of years unless they do a GY and shoot themselves in the foot numerous times.

If you're one of their 6000 season ticket holders this season, it's unlikely you're not going to buy one next season. They'll probably be selling them from March. To be fair to them, they've created the foundations were they could end up in the championship. As soon as their Chairman realised they were on to something with the Cowley's he whacked them on a improved and lengthy contract, with a million pound but out. That bit of commitment to the good feeling will add to the confidence of the supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
malkamalka
January 10, 2018, 9:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
I run a music and arts web site (Lincolnshire Arts and Music Bulletin if anybody's interested), and it's quite interesting to see how many Lincoln Musicians and Artists have got behind The Imps. I don't see the same thing from Grimsby bands, etc.

So yeah, they have got something going, and the public being behind them, rather than slagging them off 24/7 must be a situation John Fenty can only dream of.

So maybe there is something GTFC can learn from them, but so can Town's supporters.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
LH
January 10, 2018, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,460
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from malkamalka
I run a music and arts web site (Lincolnshire Arts and Music Bulletin if anybody's interested), and it's quite interesting to see how many Lincoln Musicians and Artists have got behind The Imps. I don't see the same thing from Grimsby bands, etc.

So yeah, they have got something going, and the public being behind them, rather than slagging them off 24/7 must be a situation John Fenty can only dream of.

So maybe there is something GTFC can learn from them, but so can Town's supporters.

Nothing to do with jumping on the coat tails of success to advertise themselves then?

Fenty wouldn’t get slagged all the time if he didn’t make daft decisions and alienate himself and the club from fans would he?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › rh tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.