ginnywings
January 9, 2018, 7:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from sam gy
Played well for the reserves today apparently, and scored.

Has said on Twitter that he’s staying and fighting for his place. Fair play and good luck to him if that is the case.

That makes a refreshing change. Good on yer Chris.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2018, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from sam gy
Played well for the reserves today apparently, and scored.

Has said on Twitter that he’s staying and fighting for his place. Fair play and good luck to him if that is the case.

Unlike some!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Maringer
January 9, 2018, 9:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
He's probably on a good wedge here so why should he leave?

Hmmm. If he's fit and able, perhaps worth trying to play with a couple of defensive midfielders again - Clements and Summerfield might be able to play as that partnership? 4-2-3-1.

One thing is for sure, 4-4-2 certainly isn't working at present.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
louth_in_the_south
January 9, 2018, 9:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Well done Clements . Thought his time was def up at Town . Maybe not .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 10:22pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The little I saw of him (or anyone for that matter) he seemed a decent League 2 player. Chipped in with a couple of goals. Showed a bit of skill and a lot of effort.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
Mikoo
January 9, 2018, 10:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
Quoted from Maringer
He's probably on a good wedge here so why should he leave?

Hmmm. If he's fit and able, perhaps worth trying to play with a couple of defensive midfielders again - Clements and Summerfield might be able to play as that partnership? 4-2-3-1.

One thing is for sure, 4-4-2 certainly isn't working at present.

We've been playing 4231 though? Jones has been behind Matt for the last 2 months
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
Maringer
January 9, 2018, 11:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Nah - it has definitely been pretty much a 4-4-2 with a very flat (too flat, in fact) midfield four. It's one of the reasons why we don't get enough men in support of the strikers.

I suppose you could say it was a 4-4-1-1 at a push, but that would be generous as Matt and Jones have been playing very much as a front two.

When I say a potential 4-2-3-1, I'm talking very much about having three players in front of the defensive midfield two and a lone striker up top.

I suppose the obvious three would be Jiayesimi, Jones and Dembele but they would have to play in a 3 as opposed to dropping off.

For that matter, how about Summerfield, Rose and Clements in a midfield three? Would mean sacrificing an attacker, I suppose, but both Rose and Clements have shown they have goals in them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
FishOutOfWater
January 9, 2018, 11:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
Chris Clements? That name rings a bell 😗

Think he might have played for the Mariners once upon a time?

I’m getting on a bit nowadays though and my memory’s not what it once was 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 28
Mariner_09
January 10, 2018, 1:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Maringer
Nah - it has definitely been pretty much a 4-4-2 with a very flat (too flat, in fact) midfield four. It's one of the reasons why we don't get enough men in support of the strikers.

I suppose you could say it was a 4-4-1-1 at a push, but that would be generous as Matt and Jones have been playing very much as a front two.

When I say a potential 4-2-3-1, I'm talking very much about having three players in front of the defensive midfield two and a lone striker up top.

I suppose the obvious three would be Jiayesimi, Jones and Dembele but they would have to play in a 3 as opposed to dropping off.

For that matter, how about Summerfield, Rose and Clements in a midfield three? Would mean sacrificing an attacker, I suppose, but both Rose and Clements have shown they have goals in them.

I like that as an idea.

As Rose and Summerfield are both grafters it would allow Clements a little more freedom to get forward and play proper football. The only condition would be this. Clements and Rose have to get beyond the striker (probably Matt) and when our wingers are beating men and putting in a cross (Dembele and DJ) the other one needs to be on the back post, ready to snaffle any opportunity.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Maringer
January 10, 2018, 1:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Let's face it, regardless of what we think, it's unlikely that Clements will play too often or even at all!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chris Clements

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.