Marinerz93
January 8, 2018, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from friskneymariner
Think that the Trust would gain a lot of credibility if it came out and said it could not work with Fenty anymore and withdraw from the board.You have to face it they would have as much influence not being on the board as they do being on it.

I think it is becoming more clearer to people what the root cause of our problems are.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
RoboCod
January 8, 2018, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Never been overly mad on Burnsey but I learnt to appreciate that he was being devilish, and even a downright wind-up merchant when he would drop controversial little snippets and veiled accusations into the football chat regarding Town.

I realised  it was his job to do this. Unlike Fenty and Slade who have, or should have more pressing matters.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 7:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Think that the Trust would gain a lot of credibility if it came out and said it could not work with Fenty anymore and withdraw from the board.You have to face it they would have as much influence not being on the board as they do being on it.

I would like to hear something along these lines from the Trust.I have tried and tried to get behind JF over the years but he frustrates to the point his position is now untenable and he must be removed.The Trust are probably the only seat on the board who could publicly call for a vote of no confidence in him and when they don't get any support from the nodding dogs Marley and Co they can resign their seat in protest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Maringer
January 9, 2018, 7:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
And then the trust would be separated from those running the club, with no goodwill, no influence and nothing but the hope that somebody else will eventually buy Fenty out at some unspecified future date.

In effect, the trust then wouldn't be able to do anything much to represent the fans which is their whole point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
1mickylyons
January 9, 2018, 8:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Maringer
And then the trust would be separated from those running the club, with no goodwill, no influence and nothing but the hope that somebody else will eventually buy Fenty out at some unspecified future date.

In effect, the trust then wouldn't be able to do anything much to represent the fans which is their whole point.

You may well be right and that`s why I would suggest the Trust should speak to their membership sooner rather than later to find out what they want? This survey may help but the sheer noise around at the minute would suggest an awful lot of people even if not the majority want some sort of change?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2018, 8:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

Very true imo
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
dapperz fun pub
January 9, 2018, 8:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Maringer

Being sat at the top table doesn’t mean you have any influence it just means you get served quicker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
friskneymariner
January 9, 2018, 11:07am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Maringer

Nothing would change then.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
davmariner
January 9, 2018, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
B Teams, SLO, lack of club action on bragate points to v little/no influence on the GTFC board. It’s not the fault of the Trust but they do need to act.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2018, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'd still rather have someone on the inside than on the outside. Once the position is given up it could be too late if the club do start negotiating with a dodgy buyer.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Humberside Sports Talk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.