Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why..............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 164 Guests

Why..............

This thread currently has 3,649 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
January 8, 2018, 3:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
hasn't Slade been sacked today.  We are in free-fall, sliding down the table rapidly, losing fans rapidly, and the Board still thinks Slade is the answer.  I will be there on Saturday, but if Slade is still in charge I really hope the crowd is below 3,000.........  this must surely tell the Board all they need to know.  Just what are we paying for when we go through the turnstiles week on week..........  One thing is for sure, if we start next season with Slade in charge I won't renew my season ticket.  There is only so much hoofball you can watch..........

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
January 8, 2018, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Saturdays gate will be between 2,500 to 2,800 and it will continue to fall in the hundreds until we start winning.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
diehardmariner
January 8, 2018, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,355
Gold Stars: 529
How many season tickets did we sell?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Les Brechin
January 8, 2018, 4:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
The only Slade that disappers this soon after Christmas is that annoying bloody song!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
horsforthmariner
January 8, 2018, 4:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,580
Gold Stars: 9
Because I'm guessing Slade is on a decent whack and it'll cost a packet. Because he's Fenty's mate. Because were 13 points of relegation and to be fair because the playing budget is distinctively average so I can't imagine we'd do an awful lot better under anyone else.

Unless this streak goes on for a few months then we might end up doing "a Hartlepool" then he Fenty might panic. But otherwise were sentenced to this long ball misery for another 18 months at least I'm afraid.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
ginnywings
January 8, 2018, 4:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
My one crumb of comfort is that in Slade's first spell here, we finished 18th in his first season with 58 points, which is what we will get if we maintain our current average. Many fans were calling for his head then too. In his second season, to be fair, he brought in some really good players and we missed out on automatic on the last day of the season, and although i wasn't a fan of his playing style, many fans were and we did score some great goals and knocked a couple of big boys out of the cup. Think he did similar things at other clubs, notably Leyton Orient.

Similarly, Buckley in his first season finished 11th on 61 points, before he got us firing in the second season.

This is what i'm clinging to for now. Although i'm still not a fan of his playing style, it's more palatable if you can win with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
sonofmadeleymariner
January 8, 2018, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from diehardmariner

It was something like 2910 I do believe maybe a little closer to 3000

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
mariner91
January 8, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,539
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from ginnywings
My one crumb of comfort is that in Slade's first spell here, we finished 18th in his first season with 58 points, which is what we will get if we maintain our current average. Many fans were calling for his head then too. In his second season, to be fair, he brought in some really good players and we missed out on automatic on the last day of the season, and although i wasn't a fan of his playing style, many fans were and we did score some great goals and knocked a couple of big boys out of the cup. Think he did similar things at other clubs, notably Leyton Orient.

Similarly, Buckley in his first season finished 11th on 61 points, before he got us firing in the second season.

This is what i'm clinging to for now. Although i'm still not a fan of his playing style, it's more palatable if you can win with it.

Was looking at the contracts earlier today. Currently players retained beyond June include Dixon, Osborne, Rose, Tombola, Kelly, Cardwell, Hooper, Jones and Dembele if we take up the option of extending his contract. Of those 9 it is highly likely that two are going this window and I would only want to be keeping Jones, Dembele, Rose and maybe Cardwell at a push although if he can't break into our match day squad when we're not scoring then is there really any hope for him? Dixon, Hooper and Kelly will be passengers and I bet Dixon and Kelly are on decent wages. Kelly can't even get in our squad at the minute, what an awful, awful signing he has been. If we could offload any or all of them that would be ideal.

Of the players who's contracts are up I'd want to retain Summerfield, McKeown, Clarke, Mills and possibly Karleigh Osborne depending on what wages he's on as I think he's adequate back up. I cant' decide whether I'd keep Davies as he's been a consistent performer this season but isn't getting any younger. I'd probably release Killip, Collins, Berrett, Clements, McAllister, Woolford, Vernon and Asante. Of the current loanees I'd look to keep Matt, I think it's doubtful Norwich would let us have DJ again after not playing that much. All this would leave us with a squad of up to about 13 and 3 of those I wouldn't want in the squad. Which is quite startling when you consider how many players we actually have. And then would you trust Slade to sign good players next season given how appalling it's been this season? I know I wouldn't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Les Brechin
January 8, 2018, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ginnywings

We had the FA Cup run to the Wimbledon game to gives up hope for the following season then though, not much hope this season is there?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
golfer
January 8, 2018, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from diehardmariner

1 too many--MINE.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why..............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.