1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 8, 2018, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Over ambitious today maybe but why are we not in for players like him or of his calibre? When we had the Bogle money that is the type of player we should have been going in for? On gates roughly 3 times the size of Accrington`s surely we can better his wages ffs .I am alarmed at the calibre of signings we are making of late and would rather we saved cash and made do with what weve got from a urine poor 30+ squad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
January 8, 2018, 2:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Even a 38 year old Kevin Ellison would be an improvement. He's a wily operator. I think i'm right in saying that Kee had some mental health problems and nearly packed it all in but Coleman persuaded him to give it another go and he likes playing there. I'm sure he could go to a bigger club if he wanted but i get what you are saying. If we had one or two more decent players and were scoring at home, we could have had upwards of another 1000 on the gate, and over a dozen home games, that is a big chunk of cash.

It's the old chicken and egg situation isn't it? My philosophy is, if you build it, they will come, but it's not my cash to throw around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
TAGG
January 8, 2018, 3:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from ginnywings
Even a 38 year old Kevin Ellison would be an improvement. He's a wily operator. I think i'm right in saying that Kee had some mental health problems and nearly packed it all in but Coleman persuaded him to give it another go and he likes playing there. I'm sure he could go to a bigger club if he wanted but i get what you are saying. If we had one or two more decent players and were scoring at home, we could have had upwards of another 1000 on the gate, and over a dozen home games, that is a big chunk of cash.

It's the old chicken and egg situation isn't it? My philosophy is, if you build it, they will come, but it's not my cash to throw around.

Got enough old blokes(in footballing terms) thanks.

Why can't we find good mid 20is with a lot of league experience?????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
ginnywings
January 8, 2018, 3:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from TAGG

Got enough old blokes(in footballing terms) thanks.

Why can't we find good mid 20is with a lot of league experience?????

Dunno mate, suppose everyone is after the same thing.

Age shouldn't come into it if they can do the job. Maybe we will bring in another striker yet- there is still time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
lew chaterleys lover
January 8, 2018, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Over ambitious today maybe but why are we not in for players like him or of his calibre? When we had the Bogle money that is the type of player we should have been going in for? On gates roughly 3 times the size of Accrington`s surely we can better his wages ffs .I am alarmed at the calibre of signings we are making of late and would rather we saved cash and made do with what weve got from a urine poor 30+ squad..

I take the point entirely. Nearly every time every time we play opposition who are less well supported, got less history and potential yet have a perfectly acceptable striker or keeper or midfield dynamo I ask myself - why can't we get him?

Why can't we? The only player of ours who has been mentioned by any opposition supporters on fans forums is Dembele, and even he has gone off the boil.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2018, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Agree completely but why would he want to come to GTFC? Looking at Saturday's turnout I think we will be getting closer to Accrington's gates very soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
RichMariner
January 8, 2018, 5:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
If we signed Billy Kee I wouldn't be confident that Slade would get the best out of him.

Just about everyone he inherited - and everyone he signed - has lost form and confidence, so there'd be no guarantee we'd get goals, even if the striker we signed looked good on paper.

Also, I wonder if players are doing their research on us? Would you want to play for us if just a quick scan of the fans' forum revealed how boring and direct our style of play is?

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Billy Kee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.