ginnywings
January 8, 2018, 5:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

I keep seeing comments like this on here from some but no one has offered a solution to getting rid of the deadwood on two year contracts that Slade now obviously doesn't think are good enough.

Hopefully they will be squad players, only to be used as and when.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 129
Garth
January 8, 2018, 5:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 120790
From all accounts, this kid is very well thought of at Derby and has been very unlucky with injuries.
His time at Coventry was ended with a dislocated shoulder. Following which he has also suffered with a nasty chipped thigh bone which required surgery. And I believe a knee injury

So his road to recovery has been difficult, but Derby now want him playing football and getting up and running.

He is well thought of to have progressed from their Academy and won a contract, and at his age to have remained on their books through the youth system as a young pro, with a number of managers there during that time. Now pardon me if I am mistaken, but none of our other strikers in the building have been in that position recently at a Championship club.

This kids has scored goals at Under 23 level against impressive opposition. For all that we know he could be a diamond of a kid that is ready to break onto the scene, and may be coming in at a level that will be great to get him up and running.

Lets wait and see shall we. I am not going to condemn him until we see how he gets on. Good luck kid, I hope you do well

When he scores his first Hatrick, it will be all together now:-

He`s one of our own, He`s one of our own, Charlie Vernam, He`s one of our own.

Little bit of licence but hey
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 129
monkeyboy
January 8, 2018, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Could this be Jones replacement? if not is Jones gonna play.

Also whats happening with Asante, thought he was due back?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 129
dicko995
January 8, 2018, 6:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
another lightweight reading from all this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 129
GyMariner
January 8, 2018, 6:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I've played against this lad for a few years, he's certainly a good player but I don't think he's the answer to what we need right now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 129
January 8, 2018, 6:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from GyMariner
I've played against this lad for a few years, he's certainly a good player but I don't think he's the answer to what we need right now.

Agree with the sentiment here that he may be good but surely cant be the right answer to our problems. It seems very odd to pin so much pressure on a young lad who is recovering from injuries. We need to start scoring or we are in all kinds of difficulties, and whilst I accept that its not going to be easy/possible to get a proven goalscorer this signing just seems bizarre in the circumstances.
Reply: 105 - 129
dicko995
January 8, 2018, 6:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
The Clown should of been sacked, Bignot wins at Blackpool and is sacked, just goes to show that friends look after friens, Its not a fans business ,its a friends business, No matter what we say, its not worth our breath. Never attending again, rather watch sky sports to see the demise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 129
Mrs Doyle
January 8, 2018, 6:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Welcome to GTFC young man anything is better than we have now so here is a big chance to make your mark, hopefully he can play off Matt and become a decent signing. Being of local stock as well and young should have a bit of pace. Good luck son enjoy
yourself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 129
ginnywings
January 8, 2018, 6:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,086
Gold Stars: 548
Maybe he's not the only striker we bring in. It's feasible that Asante may not come back, Cardwell goes out on loan, Jones moves on, or any combination thereof. I doubt we will be putting him in a position of being one of our main strikers with the burden of getting the goals. If we are, then i hope he's a quick learner, because League 2 is not the development league he's used to.

What i do expect of him is decent touch, control and movement, especially if he likes to drop deep. There are times the ball bounces off Matt and he gets caught on his heels too. There was a couple of times on Saturday where if he'd anticipated and moved quicker, he would have been in, but by the time he realised the chance, it was gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 129
bawarmy
January 8, 2018, 6:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,953
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

No but I hope Slade was shittinghimself this morning.  

Part of me thinks he wants to get the sack and a nice little pay day. Would you want to work somewhere where your customers thought so little of you. I know I’d rather take the money and run. There’ll be another team foolish and desperate enough to take him on again too in a few months. There always is with him.
But
Good luck to the new boy and hope he does well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 129
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signing number 2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.