1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 7, 2018, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,874
Gold Stars: 42
50 points and even 52 points has been mentioned recently as the total needed to survive.  A much lower total should suffice.  Each season is different.

Barnet and Chesterfield have averaged well under a point a game after more half their games played. 40 points might be more than enough.  We have 34 points so should manage to stay up.  There are other teams struggling with low points as well.

We should be thankful for that run of 3 wins.   This run came after a poor sequence of results. Using the analogy of staff performance management, when adverse results are identified, it is encouraging to see a big improvement.  But alarmingly, if results then dip again, after having fixed the earlier poor results, then this is often terminal.  We are at this position now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
January 7, 2018, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We need every point we can get so that we aren't looking over our shoulder come the last couple of games of the season.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
IlkleyMariner
January 7, 2018, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Can't see many points in January but happy to be proved wrong.
Fgr and chesterfield have strengthened and other teams getting form together
Barnet look rocky but we could have a squeaky bum end to the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
ginnywings
January 7, 2018, 5:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
If we maintain our current points average of 1.25 per game, we will finish around the 58 points mark. I don't think we will need 50 points myself, but i'd rather have them and sooner rather than later.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
headingly_mariner
January 7, 2018, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Forest Green made 5 signings this week. I imagine they will finish above us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Roast Em Bobby
January 7, 2018, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Forest Green made 5 signings this week. I imagine they will finish above us.

They’ll need to stop fannying about at the back like they were doing against us to have any chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
chaos33
January 7, 2018, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Port Vale were improving but had a bad result Saturday. Cheltenham had a great win at Colchester. It's a pretty weak division this year and you'd have to think we should be ok if we pick up a few more points, but at this moment its really hard to see where the next goal is coming from, never mind the next win. I do think this is just about rock bottom.

Slade has little if no support left and should go, but I can't see Fenty sacking him yet - if we get 2 or 3 good players in the near future and Slade is allowed to stick around, we might possibly scramble to safety and then lick our wounds this summer.
Personally I think it is so broken, that I can't see any future for the current set up. Slade's tactical ethos is so tired and old and isn't working that I just can't see where we would go from here..I don't think enough people can be won back round, even if we stumble to safety. Not doing things this way.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
dapperz fun pub
January 7, 2018, 7:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 82
Keeping Slade means Fenty as virtually zero chance of recouping any more of the benign loans , cmon John do the right thing for you and us sack him tomorrow and Wilkinson and put Dave Moore in charge for now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Points needed for survival

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.