Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 329 Guests

Dear John

This thread currently has 3,495 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
January 7, 2018, 2:25pm
Guest User
I may be a plonker but I will not be attending anymore games at Blundell Park. Yesterday was the nail in the coffin for me. The football Club is the fans, not yours - it is part of our community a vehicle for our aspirations. Yesterday, apart from Summerfield, Mills and Davies I could not see any commitment or passion from our players, and the bench. Even the substitutes warming-up looked as though they couldn’t be arsed. A squad full of journeymen and inept players with failure on their CVs.

Even under Woods we were poor but they battled and drew many games in our relegation season. Come April it will be highly likely you will have taken us out of the Football League. The division between the fans and the powers that run the Club will be your legacy, the turtle neck and cold leather a lasting memory of the iron fist that is responsible for our demise.

Unfortunately I have a season-ticket but will save a few quid on fuel from the 50 mile trip and generosity I have for the shoddy catering facilities you provide. Grimsby Town is in my blood, part of my genes but now is toxic.
MarinersOnTheUp
January 7, 2018, 2:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Dear John

Please leave our club and take the rest of the board, management and coaching team with you. Dave Moore can stay though, he’s alright.

Thanks

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
MarinersOnTheUp
January 7, 2018, 2:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Dear Fenty

Please leave our club and take the rest of the board, mannagennt and coaching team withy you. Dave Moore can stay though, he’s alright.

Thanks

In all seriousness, it’s soul destroying and feeling like we’re sinking... again. Everything about GTFC at the minute screams of a dying club, comparable to Leyton Orient last season in fact in how we’re being destroyed from boardroom level down. We’re in a lot of trouble.

I think we’ll just about scrape through this season but as we know, once you get sucked into relegation battles it’s hard to escape. Just like the seasons leading up to relegation before, well end up in a cycle of struggling, then failing to improve because good players don’t want to sign for a struggling club, then being even worse off with results continuing to decline, attendances hemorraghing even further leading to our ultimate relegation and demise.

My fear would be that if we went down again, it’d kill the club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Ipswin
January 7, 2018, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
For a long time now those supporting you have hidden behind the claim that you 'really love the club' and are 'a real Town fan' as opposed to staying on because you are owed money.

If you really care about GTFC intercourse off now and take Marley Slade and Wilko with you.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
January 7, 2018, 4:02pm
Guest User
If Fenty had an ounce of decency, he’d put back the £200k that was taken to pay his non-benign loans.  The £200k used to dismiss slade.  Thereafter he should not have any involvement in the running of the club or any decision making.  He won’t though because he thinks he’s bigger than the club and treats the fans with the contempt he feels they deserve.
Reply: 4 - 14
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2018, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from 139914
If Fenty had an ounce of decency, he’d put back the £200k that was taken to pay his non-benign loans.  The £200k used to dismiss slade.  Thereafter he should not have any involvement in the running of the club or any decision making.  He won’t though because he thinks he’s bigger than the club and treats the fans with the contempt he feels they deserve.

If the numbers I've heard are right, then it'll take more than 200k to pay off his alleged 4 years.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Posh Harry
January 7, 2018, 5:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If the numbers I've heard are right, then it'll take more than 200k to pay off his alleged 4 years.

It all depends on the agreement. Moyes had a £6 million contract with Man Utd but was only paid £1 million when sacked as that was the agreement when contract set up. I would be surprised if there isn't a similar type agreement with slade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Marinerz93
January 7, 2018, 5:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Give the trust their £200k worth of shares back and put right this excrement storm you have whistled up.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Badger57
January 7, 2018, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from 139914
If Fenty had an ounce of decency, he’d put back the £200k that was taken to pay his non-benign loans.

Too late, he bought himself a nice shiny new Aston Martin with it! 😁

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
HotToddy
January 7, 2018, 11:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
Dear John, Please do not listen to these idiots. These are the same idiots that wanted you to sack Paul Hurst. Hurst out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.