1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
January 7, 2018, 12:20pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Surely Fenty has to take note that the likes of Tombola and Osbourne would rather stay in non-league and play rather than come back here a fight for a place. Either they severely lack ambition or find the whole place poisonous!

Alternatively they could just be taking Town for a ride, staying at their previous clubs/closer to home while picking up the considerable pay increase they would have received when signing for Town. If I was Slade I'd have them back out of principle - IMO they're both taking the urine out of our club by calling all the shots and claiming a football league players wage while playing in non-league! If they want to stay in the league below then their wages should reflect that!

Perhaps there's more to it than that but surely football is the only profession where a worker could do this!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grimbiggs
January 7, 2018, 12:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
I think you've missed the boat with Tombola as hes already gone! doesn't look good for Osborne either, i suspect we will get a similar announcement this week, what an utter shambles!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Hagrid
January 7, 2018, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Dont think Tom has done anything wrong? Slade doesnt fancy him and he's moved on pure and simple. osborne is taking the urine
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Kris2
January 7, 2018, 12:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Tombola just isn't good enough for league football. No manager we had saw him as a starting player and if he's only seen as somebody who can play a bit part then better to move him on. Raw pace and power work in non league but you need a degree of footballing skill to play higher up which he just doesn't have.

I like Tom, I really do. He's got a lot of enthusiasm and it's fun to watch and see what he'll do next because even he probably doesn't know but he's not very good, doesn't have the fitness to play a full game at this level and only does something useful 1 in maybe 20 attempts.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2018, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Kris2
Tombola just isn't good enough for league football. No manager we had saw him as a starting player and if he's only seen as somebody who can play a bit part then better to move him on. Raw pace and power work in non league but you need a degree of footballing skill to play higher up which he just doesn't have.

I like Tom, I really do. He's got a lot of enthusiasm and it's fun to watch and see what he'll do next because even he probably doesn't know but he's not very good, doesn't have the fitness to play a full game at this level and only does something useful 1 in maybe 20 attempts.

Give me Tom over Woolford any day. He either isn't fit or isn't interested - or both.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
arryarryarry
January 7, 2018, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

You're missing the point, we have to play what we have been left with with the signings of Bignot and Slade and many just cannot understand why someone like Woolford is constantly being picked when he only played 9 games last season, doesn't look fit and in most games contributes frig all.

I know TB looks like he has gone but I know who I would rather have seen in the team.

Oh and seeing as you seem to suggest he only did something useful in one attempt in twenty, I didn't realise he had played that much.   
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 12:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
I am sure when he signed Osborne said he would move to Grimsby.

I think the situation with both players is different Tom just wants to play and Osborne just wants to be closer to home.

Remember it’s a job to them they don’t have the same feeling for the club as we do.

Osborne could be closer to home earn less money as if he was hiring digs in Grimsby and commuting his outgoings should reduce at SHM and he’d be closer to his family, many of you would be happier with that I’m sure.

Tom made the move and it didn’t work out, is he good enough? Not sure as I’m not convinced we saw the best of him.

I’m happy if they go though we will be losing better than what we have my frustration is Slade’s procrastinating over the matter.

Oh and just in case I’d add in a sell on clause for allowing them to go early for what I assume will be no or a minimal fee.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
ginnywings
January 7, 2018, 1:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
My take is that Tombola never developed enough to be a league player and has gone back to his level. No shame in that. Osborne has all the skill but does he have the heart? If you could combine the two, you would have one hell of a player. Sadly at our level, you rarely get both, which is why they are in the lower leagues.

I think Ozzy is a cracking player but none of us know for sure what the facts are, so i won't speculate as to which side is to blame for his absence. I personally feel he just doesn't want to be here anymore, so may as well let him move on. Or maybe he will be back next week, who knows?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Grantley
January 7, 2018, 1:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Tom may or may not be good enough for League 2 football. We know for certain that Woolford isn’t.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tombola & Osbourne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.