KingstonMariner
January 6, 2018, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Yeah, this is the route I would take again, someone who's doing great in the National League, hate him as much as you want for that horror tackle all those years ago, but Dave Challinor has had numerous promotions with AFC Fylde and they are near the top of the National League and he will know the best players out of the non-leagues.

There is no way he would come here.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Maringer
January 7, 2018, 12:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I've actually thought that Slade has sounded extremely lacking in confidence quite often during this spell with us. During his first tenure, he seemed very confident regardless of the situation but not at all this time. Before we won those three wins in a row, I thought he seemed nervous, then confident for a while after those, but now he sounds very uncertain once again.

I wonder how much of this is him realising that his statistical approach isn't working with this bunch of players? Yet another game where we've been outpaced, outmuscled and outplayed by a very average team indeed.

I can't remember the last time that we consistently beat a team in the air or ran past them. In fact, I can't remember the last time we had parity in these areas with the opposition.

It takes some effort to sign a squad almost completely lacking in threat because they are too slow, old and weak.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2018, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
I've actually thought that Slade has sounded extremely lacking in confidence quite often during this spell with us. During his first tenure, he seemed very confident regardless of the situation but not at all this time. Before we won those three wins in a row, I thought he seemed nervous, then confident for a while after those, but now he sounds very uncertain once again.

I wonder how much of this is him realising that his statistical approach isn't working with this bunch of players? Yet another game where we've been outpaced, outmuscled and outplayed by a very average team indeed.

I can't remember the last time that we consistently beat a team in the air or ran past them. In fact, I can't remember the last time we had parity in these areas with the opposition.

It takes some effort to sign a squad almost completely lacking in threat because they are too slow, old and weak.

Which suggests he's made a right balls up of his statistical approach. I thought it was all-out heat maps and kilometres run.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
louth_in_the_south
January 7, 2018, 1:01am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Maringer

The difference is that every player in his first spell was far superior to those now . They’d pi.ss all over this team . His signings in the summer were absolutely pathetic. The writing was on the wall . Good job we’ve racked up a few points in the first half of the season because it means we only need 15 more to reach safety .
I say only without real confidence btw .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
RichMariner
January 7, 2018, 1:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
On days like this I find it genuinely remarkable that we’ve actually managed to win 9 games of football this season.

I wouldn’t give Slade a budget for January signings. He sugned Cardwell. He signed Hooper. He signed Matt. He can’t get the best from Jones and Vernon’s confidence is shot.

Even a half decent manager could work with those five to get us scoring, if not winning.

The fact that he can’t speaks volumes, so what’s the point in letting Slade spunk more cash on misfiring strikers?

Other than Summerfield, every other player that he inherited has got worse during his time in charge. I don’t trust Slade to take us forward, I don’t like his tactics, his approach, his style of football... there really isn’t much left to say.

Other than he should never have been reappointed, but what can you do when your majority shareholder makes a rushed decision.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 24 - 46
bawarmy
January 7, 2018, 1:54am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from GrimRob

I'd go down the Conference table and look at anyone under 40 who is doing well for the size of the club they are at. There can't be that many, then start from there!

And that’s how we got Bignot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 46
arryarryarry
January 7, 2018, 2:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from bawarmy

And that’s how we got Bignot

I was talking to an ex Town player who was at that time involved with a club in the NL shortly after Bignot was appointed and when I mentioned his appointment he shook his head and without saying too much clearly wasn't impressed and suggested his success at Solihull wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

This is where due diligence should come in, the board should try to speak to as many contacts in the game as possible when deciding on an appointment and listen to what people have to say.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
dicko995
January 7, 2018, 2:10am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Slade must also be the scruffiest manager to represent GTFC, unshaven,same attire,reminds me of Onslow from Mrs,Bucket , doesn't give a great example of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
denni266
January 7, 2018, 5:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
He looked and sounded a beaten man,, and does not know how to sort it,, so bye bye  mr Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
dapperz fun pub
January 7, 2018, 6:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
I didn’t even listen just go Slade just go and take Wilkinson with you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › RS Post Match Interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.