This thread currently has 3,360 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
January 6, 2018, 8:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
Some aren’t good enough, some at least try, but the one thing that seems evident with all of them is that they are not enjoying playing football. We are losing two lads with potential, another in Clements won’t be played. Enjoying your job means you are prepared to go a little further, try a little harder and this lot are seemingly prevented from doing so by a buffoon of a manager..
Fenty is culpable in his recruitment of course but Slade is like a flipping tarantula sucking the fun out of everything.
Get him gone.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
January 6, 2018, 8:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
I can't believe someone else can't get more out of these players than the current management team. We've shown on occasions this season we have got what it takes and the defence has been strong most of the season. The squad is too big which is always going to lead to bad morale, but the present malaise seems more serious than just a few dispirited players.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 12
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2018, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
I watched the warm-up quite closely today. Some were very disinterested.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
HertsGTFC
January 6, 2018, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I watched the warm-up quite closely today. Some were very disinterested.

Agree and I think it's been like that for a bit despite a decent run of games in early December.

This squad is not good but it's functional, mid table at best. Today's performance was relegation standard what does that tell you?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
ginnywings
January 6, 2018, 9:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I was watching our subs doing their half time exercises, with someone in the middle of the circle prompting them and must say that he was a lot more enthusiastic than they were in their movements.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
mariner83
January 6, 2018, 9:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
I was watching our subs doing their half time exercises, with someone in the middle of the circle prompting them and must say that he was a lot more enthusiastic than they were in their movements.

Probably wondering what the hell they have to do to get in the starting 11.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
jimgtfc
January 6, 2018, 9:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ginnywings

He does that every game, it’s usually the most entertaining part of the day.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
KingstonMariner
January 6, 2018, 10:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Were they playing 'what's the time Mr Wolf?' again?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
lukeo
January 7, 2018, 7:38am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
The lad you're talking about is the only thing or person that looks like they take it serious and want to be their. His enthusiasm is amazing. I enjoy watching him pre match putting the players through their way up and just the way he's doing it, shows real passion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Hagrid
January 7, 2018, 9:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
It s Greg the S and C coach. Went to Notts county with him last season and he's a good lad. Big town fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
MuddyWaters
January 7, 2018, 9:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Hagrid
It s Greg the S and C coach. Went to Notts county with him last season and he's a good lad. Big town fan

The S&C coach that would have kept Hurst here - oh the irony!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
oldun
January 7, 2018, 10:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
It is a pity his enthusiasm doesn't rub off on the players. They seem to go through the motions and almost lack respect for what he is doing. Also the shooting practice is poor with many efforts not on target. I walk past their collection of Mercs, Bm's and Audi's parked outside and just wonder if they really are earning their salaries sometimes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
arryarryarry
January 7, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Hagrid

He might be a good lad, I don't know him, but having seen most of the warm ups I don't know what he is bringing to the team as most of the time the players don't seem interested and at Crewe he ended up being the ball boy for Paul Wilkinson.

Is this just another addition to the back room staff that Slade wanted to bring in that isn't having an effect on the way the team plays?
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Players

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.