Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worth the risk?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

Is it worth asking to pay JF off?
No. Just sack the managers
No. Keep things as it is.
Yes. Get rid of the lot. I'll even put money in.
Get rid of Fenty, keep Slade and Co.
Get rid of everyone and go onto admin
Get rid of them all and who knows?
Aaargghhh!!!
  View Results 114 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Worth the risk?

This thread currently has 3,689 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 6, 2018, 8:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Sacking not the answer at all, that would be our 4th manager since we back in the football

Get rid now and give the new chap a bit of the window. Should never have been appointed in the first place. He peaked 10 years ago and still didn't win anything.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
dapperz fun pub
January 7, 2018, 6:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
he’s always been mediocre at best and shite most of his career ,employing friends is always risky yet another Fook up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 1739
Who are the ones who have cost the club money by making poor decisions. It wasn't the fans who employed Lennie Lawrence, Paul Groves, Graham Rodger, Nicky Law, Newell, Woods, Bignot and Slade. It wasn't the fans who made promises and broke them leading to Hurst leaving.

There were 3 parties interested in buying Town as it states 1 hour 25 minutes in here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueaC76mcsTs

We are not the most of glamorous  of clubs but Scunny, Lincoln, Rotherham, Hull, Doncaster have all had investment into their football clubs when they were fairly skint. The board are not selling club for the good of the fans, the board are not selling the club because they want a return on what they have put in. However if they ran the club properly and employed the correct people then maybe the losses we have had in the past would be profits instead.

As for Mr Slade , he has not had a promotion in 20 years of being in managemeant. His recruitment has been atrocious and the fact that most of his signings are on two year deals is worrying. I don't even think changing the tactics around can change are fotunes. He was saying earlier this week on radio humberside that 'everyone knows this group of players can score goals as we've done it in the past' but when you look at the league table we have the second worst goals scoring record in the league despite being awarded the most penalties (so we can blame it on luck). He keeps on saying we are work in progress but looking at this squad we need a massive clear out for us to compete for a play off spot. One thing that certainly hasn't helped him is his outburst at Matt Dean during the fans forum which turned a lot of people against him for his rude and aggressive behaviour.

I fear this situation will only continue and the same regime will continue into next season providing we stay up. The only way the board will listen is if we stay away as it is clear that the fans of this club don't have a voice anyway (proven during the fans forum).

Fenty, Marley & Day want rid because since we came up the have realized it will cost them personally if they want to be part of an EFL club board. One of them arguably has the cash to eat at the top table I doubt the other two have.  

Whilst Fenty at best can be described as a "once  enthusiastic amateur" and a Town fan they all saw an opportunity to make money from football and have ended up with egg on their face. The likes of Marley and Day are no better than the Huxford's of this world.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
AndyDarloFC
January 7, 2018, 12:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grim74
Careful what you wish for just look at Darlington! Mind you I suppose there will be a few who would take Darlington's position big fish In a little pond again.

Trust me, being in our position isn’t all hunky dory. It’s expensive trying to run a club on fans money. Only get you so far in my opinion.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 12:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Looking at the vote I can't believe that 9 people voted for us to go into administration.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
headingly_mariner
January 7, 2018, 12:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Fenty, Marley & Day want rid because since we came up the have realized it will cost them personally if they want to be part of an EFL club board. One of them arguably has the cash to eat at the top table I doubt the other two have.  

Whilst Fenty at best can be described as a "once  enthusiastic amateur" and a Town fan they all saw an opportunity to make money from football and have ended up with egg on their face. The likes of Marley and Day are no better than the Huxford's of this world.  

I don't think they were ever daft enough to think they could make money. I think Fenty probably took over with the best of intentions thinking he could do a good job. It hasn't happened and he should write the debt off and be done with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2018, 12:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Agree Headingly but don’t lose sight of the fact when JF took over we where in a good position with what looked like the early wave of TV money in the game.

Also if we do eventually move I assume that Marley & Day will be paid for their professional services

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
January 7, 2018, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,658
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I don't think they were ever daft enough to think they could make money. I think Fenty probably took over with the best of intentions thinking he could do a good job. It hasn't happened and he should write the debt off and be done with it.

I bet they were! Taking us over when at a very low ebb finacially, with grand visions of a new stadium and the sale of BP making a profit at some stage would have been very much on his mind.

However, as mistake after mistake took its toll, the chance of a profit disappeared over the horizon (much like the new stadium) and now it is just a question of getting his money back.

He has tried very hard to keep his running costs to an absolute minimum, with no investment at BP, not sufficient in the training facilities, staff or players, in the hope that he will recoup his losses one day. I don't imagine for a moment he will write off the debt, but like you I wish he would.    
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worth the risk?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.