Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And now what do we do?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 339 Guests

And now what do we do?

This thread currently has 2,986 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
January 6, 2018, 4:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Proofs in the pudding, think its truly down to us fans who are the only people what have a concern and love for the club to do something about the rot that'll keep getting worse and worse until the clubs put to bed. The suggested demo, people on here barked about saying its not what the club needs ut will affect the players, them players don't want to play for the club one bit. Something needs to happen for Fenty, any of his bum chums, slade, wilko and that whole f*****g squad to disappear out of grimsby town football club for good.

Gutted, angered and disheartened.
Logged Offline
Private Message
louth_in_the_south
January 6, 2018, 4:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
we shouldn't have to do anything . its time fenty realised for the good of gtfc he should wipe his debt , hand over to a new regime and go back to being a fan .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
sonofmadeleymariner
January 6, 2018, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Fenty shouldn't have to do anything the bald headed idiot should realise what hes doing and walk.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
louth_in_the_south
January 6, 2018, 4:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
its all very well he doesn't want to lose his 2M+ but nobody forced him to become chairman . it was a gamble on his part but its lost . end of .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
cmackenzie4
January 6, 2018, 4:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
its all very well he doesn't want to lose his 2M+ but nobody forced him to become chairman . it was a gamble on his part but its lost . end of .

Exactly what me and my lad said earlier on mate.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Ipswin
January 6, 2018, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The first thing is to make sure the baldy twit doesn't sign any more duffers in the transfer window, in fact make sure he doesn't sign anyone. Give Dave Moore the job until the end of the season with the current bunch, I am sure he will get a tune out of them with some half decent tactics. That, with Moore kicking a few arses plus the points we have already (somehow) amassed should keep us up

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
OneLove
January 6, 2018, 4:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Im as drunk off as the next town fan, I've stopped going and it guts me to not be entering that ground now and enjoying what a saturday was all about following the club home and away. Now its reality, we've just lost to a poor morecambe side thats probably made us look even worse, no one at the club is wearing the colours with pride and its a disheartening time to be a mariners fan. Fenty needs to go and not be able to make any more bad decisions like he's done throughout his chairmanship, the rest well it speaks for itself, they don't deserve to be within an inch of blundell park. Hopefully the trust and us all can come up with some sort of plan that will get rid of these idiots otherwise it'll be the death of GTFC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
fleabag1970
January 6, 2018, 4:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Boycott the fuckin games . That's what you do

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
mariner91
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Thankfully we only need roughly 18 points to ensure survival which, with 19 games to go, shouldn't be overly difficult for nearly anyone with half a clue. It is pretty obvious that the squad has lost all confidence in Slade and aren't playing for him. But under no circumstances should he be allowed to sign any more players, his recruitment has been diabolical and he shouldn't be allowed to waste any more money.

As for his sacking, well it was your decision to bring him back Mr Fenty so I reckon you pay for it. And don't you dare add it to the "benign debt", you've already cost this club millions in financial terms with your terrible dictatorship so you can start paying for your mistakes yourself. And then do the honourable thing, drop your debt and fuck off.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
KingstonMariner
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think the Trust needs to start discussing plans to run the club. One way or another the regime has got to change, and rather than risk some asset strippers coming in, we need to be ready for when Fenty gives it up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
ackomariner
January 6, 2018, 5:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from fleabag1970
Boycott the fuckin games . That's what you do

I've not been for two years

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
HackneyHaddock
January 6, 2018, 5:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

His £2m is gone anyway.  Unless the "benign loan" thing is just an accounting ruse to allow the club to run paper losses or as a hedge against future administration, then I agree that he should just call it a day, wipe it off, hand over to someone else and go back to the terraces.  Certainly he doesn't warrant a place on the board for his PR, people management or Football Administrative skills, and even if he were to remain as main benefactor, that's not a strong enough reason for him to be involved in the running of the club day-to-day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
Rodley Mariner
January 6, 2018, 5:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from mariner91
Thankfully we only need roughly 18 points to ensure survival which, with 19 games to go, shouldn't be overly difficult for nearly anyone with half a clue. It is pretty obvious that the squad has lost all confidence in Slade and aren't playing for him. But under no circumstances should he be allowed to sign any more players, his recruitment has been diabolical and he shouldn't be allowed to waste any more money.

As for his sacking, well it was your decision to bring him back Mr Fenty so I reckon you pay for it. And don't you dare add it to the "benign debt", you've already cost this club millions in financial terms with your terrible dictatorship so you can start paying for your mistakes yourself. And then do the honourable thing, drop your debt and fuck off.

I think fortunately we won't need as many as 50 and thank God as I don't think we'll get them. We can't score so 18 0-0 draws in 19 games leaves little room for error.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
barralad
January 6, 2018, 5:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ackomariner

I've not been for two years

Missed you  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
ackomariner
January 6, 2018, 5:09pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

Missed you  

Like a hole in your head Ian....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Bigboy
January 6, 2018, 5:57pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +158
Enough is enough. There is something seriously wrong with the Slade/Wilkinson management style. I was one of those delighted when Russell was reappointed but not now - it's obvious that he's lost the players trust. So Russell - do the club a favour and resign. And Wilko I never thought anyone could be more depressing and down beat than Paul Hurst but you've done it - what an appalling pre-match interview.
We can argue all we want - the truest cliché in football is it's a results business - we are second bottom in the form table - and that's relegation form.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
OneLove
January 6, 2018, 6:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
why don't the trust form a meeting with us fans only and discuss and come up with a plans and possible ways of solving this croc of shite. Seriously the future is looking bleak as a club in whole.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
gary_elton
January 6, 2018, 6:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I haven't been to see Town this season... mainly due to work and distance...
But at this moment in time I can't be bothered.... so... until things change
I'll be a SKY sports viewer and keep up via Jeff and Kammy...

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Marinerz93
January 6, 2018, 6:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from OneLove
why don't the trust form a meeting with us fans only and discuss and come up with a plans and possible ways of solving this croc of shite. Seriously the future is looking bleak as a club in whole.

Maybe a fans driven raise money to buy more shares for the trust but the worrying thing is that they may be poached again if the trust got into a position to worry Fenty.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And now what do we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.