sonofmadeleymariner
January 6, 2018, 4:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from sydney
Bristol R and Lincoln seem to have bottled the momentum to there advantage where we seem to have let it run through our fingers
Sad Day

They kept the nucleous of the same squad. Losing Hurst didn't help us but also good managerial appointments did help them.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 109
Ipswin
January 6, 2018, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from sydney

Bristol R and Lincoln seem to have bottled the momentum to there advantage where we seem to have let it run through our fingers
Sad Day

I blame Hurst for starting that, Bignob and the infant schoolteacher have just carried it on signing crap to replace the excellent basis for a Div 4 squad that Hurst dismantled.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 109
Badger57
January 6, 2018, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
How low are you going to let us go Mr. Fenty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 109
jaygy
January 6, 2018, 4:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Bye bye Fenty and Slade, I won’t be back until one or both of you are gone! Unfortunately I don’t see this happening for a long time so I guess it could be a long time away from BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 109
Rodley Mariner
January 6, 2018, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Ipswin

I blame Hurst for starting that, Bignob and the infant schoolteacher have just carried it on signing crap to replace the excellent basis for a Div 4 squad that Hurst dismantled.

I remember standing in a packed away end end witnessing a great away performance and win at Cambridge in one of his final games so I don't agree with that.

For me it's a combination of dreadful football lacking in any semblance of entertainment combined with the contempt the board clearly hold the support in. I considered a 160 mile round trip with my football obsessed 4 year old for about 3 seconds before thinking 'why the intercourse would I want to inflict that on us'?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 109
RoboCod
January 6, 2018, 5:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
A 4-1 win for Cheltenham away and our dire goal difference means that Cheltenham now go above us.
Cheltenham! After their shaky start. 1 goal in 6 for us.

Let's knock this whole 'building things' lie that Slade was allowed to get away with on the head. Stats don't lie, this is not progression, we've gone backward. If Bignot was found out then Slade surely has.

Bye Slade, please DO let the door smack your ar$e on the way out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 109
Teestogreen
January 6, 2018, 5:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Town have amassed 34 points this season and probably need around 50 points to avoid relegation.

Doesn't seem like a tall order to get 16 more points from the remaining 19 games

- but why is this team seriously lacking in the ability to complete (what is now) the escape?

How was 34 points achieved but now, there appears likelihood that not many more points can be achieved - (with the current run of form)?

The people controlling GTFC, I am sure, will be aware of this issue and will not be complacent in making sure that Football League status is achieved at the end of the season.

Let's not forget, 2 years ago we would have taken the position we are in now.

But to throw away all of the past great work to re-gain Football League status would be  - aaghh - can't think of a bad enough word!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 109
Madeleymariner
January 6, 2018, 5:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Finally we had a 20 min spell where we got a bit of pressure on, (compared to most games)  then Slade brings on JJ then Vernon and what little threat we had disappeared immediately. Finally a not like for like sub with 5 mins or so left.
Was always against Sladeball coming back and not changed my mind at any point since.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 109
Maringer
January 6, 2018, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
We actually played some reasonable football during the first 25 or so minutes of the second half. Passing, movement, all that sort of crazy stuff we don't tend to see. Unfortunately, they defended well, cleared one off the line and their keeper made an excellent save. Our decent football wasn't enough to overcome the complete lack of a goal threat from our strikers and subs.

Their number 9 today had more strength, pace and athleticism than all our forwards combined. Wish he played for us, though he wasn't much of a goal threat himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 109
promotion plaice
January 6, 2018, 11:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

This must be a first.

The match thread on the the 2nd page on match day.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.