5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
January 4, 2018, 5:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
If he can't get in the barrow side I'd be seriously concerned if he was being considered in front of berrett, rose or summerfield. A one trick pony imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
headingly_mariner
January 4, 2018, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barralad

Well I shouldn't need to spell it out but I'm only talking about the original post which I thought might be pretty obvious but I'm sick of reading counter-productive uninformed crap. Getting at the manager via the players is a p1ss poor tactic. Only on Monday there were certain elements who appear to have decided (on the basis of one mistake) that our only fit goalkeeper isn't good enough. No explanation, no evidence -nothing. I hope he has the good sense to give The Fishy a wide berth. I get there is unrest and a great deal of unhappiness with the way the club is being run and the football being played but as far as the former is concerned nothing new has been said for weeks. I might be unrealistic but I come on here looking for interesting debate about most things GTFC related. I'm merely exercising a right to say that in my view the standard has deteriorated beyond belief over the last few weeks..

Completely agree that getting at the players is out of order. There most be 1000's of Town fans on Twitter, Facebook and here combined and it's a tiny minority that slag the players or try to contact them to give them shite. I'm fed up of the hysteria surrounding managers and players on here. Some people think after a couple of wins we are winning the league and after a couple of losses we need to sack the manager.
Is the fishy worse than it used to be?
I've been on here a long time and don't remember a golden age were people didn't say silly things. I remember it being less regulated, I remember homophobia and racism. I remember lots of debate and disagreement. I think a few people didn't sign back up after it closed and others have moved to Twitter. I don't really think the content is any worse though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
TAGG
January 4, 2018, 6:11pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,995
Gold Stars: 123
I've never seen anyone with 100 red crosses The Grim Reaper could well do it.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Grantley
January 4, 2018, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano
If he can't get in the barrow side I'd be seriously concerned if he was being considered in front of berrett, rose or summerfield. A one trick pony imho

Clements has more goals in 16 appearances than Berrett and Summerfield have in 37 combined.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
Mrs Doyle
January 4, 2018, 7:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Thought Clements was one of our better players to be honest but having said that Summerfield as made that spot his own and is by far our most consistent player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
HertsGTFC
January 4, 2018, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 225
What a pathetic post.

Whether it's Clements, Jones, Killip or whoever this is not the time to have a pop at individual players, especially ones that have clearly gone through a tough time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Swansea_Mariner
January 4, 2018, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Truly awfull thread and rightly condemed.

Clearly this season hasn't gone well for him, he's bound to know that and will want to do better, and judging by last season he can do better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2018, 8:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It’s not the thread Swans. It’s the OP. 95% of the thread is alright.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
monkeyboy
January 4, 2018, 8:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -166
Gold Stars: 26
Pretty sure the Barrow manager is a tool and been known to fall out with players in the past like a lot of other managers, clements was playing till they changed manager to Pennock.
Hope he comes back and proves the OP to be a tool
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
forza ivano
January 4, 2018, 9:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,127
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Grantley

Clements has more goals in 16 appearances than Berrett and Summerfield have in 37 combined.

And Clements has made 7 appearances in 3 months for a conference bottom feeder whilst summerfield has been our most consistent player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fat boy is back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.