IlkleyMariner
January 4, 2018, 4:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,979
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from barralad

Well I shouldn't need to spell it out but I'm only talking about the original post which I thought might be pretty obvious but I'm sick of reading counter-productive uninformed crap. Getting at the manager via the players is a p1ss poor tactic. Only on Monday there were certain elements who appear to have decided (on the basis of one mistake) that our only fit goalkeeper isn't good enough. No explanation, no evidence -nothing. I hope he has the good sense to give The Fishy a wide berth. I get there is unrest and a great deal of unhappiness with the way the club is being run and the football being played but as far as the former is concerned nothing new has been said for weeks. I might be unrealistic but I come on here looking for interesting debate about most things GTFC related. I'm merely exercising a right to say that in my view the standard has deteriorated beyond belief over the last few weeks..

Absolutely right on the button barra. I am also fed up about the ill-informed and defamatory nonsense that appears on this site. The fishy is however much like the dross on other fans forums, although there seems to be more of it on the fishy. It is a problem with society at large, so I suppose that we will have to endure reading the rubbish for some time yet, or chose to walk away and ignore the site.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 232
Quoted from barralad

Well I shouldn't need to spell it out but I'm only talking about the original post which I thought might be pretty obvious but I'm sick of reading counter-productive uninformed crap. Getting at the manager via the players is a p1ss poor tactic. Only on Monday there were certain elements who appear to have decided (on the basis of one mistake) that our only fit goalkeeper isn't good enough. No explanation, no evidence -nothing. I hope he has the good sense to give The Fishy a wide berth. I get there is unrest and a great deal of unhappiness with the way the club is being run and the football being played but as far as the former is concerned nothing new has been said for weeks. I might be unrealistic but I come on here looking for interesting debate about most things GTFC related. I'm merely exercising a right to say that in my view the standard has deteriorated beyond belief over the last few weeks..

Not the only place standards are deteriorating - point is that it's not the players' fault that there's unrest. I think Clem's OK and the few players that I would question appear to not want to be here. The discontent is being caused by the 'we're right, you're wrong' mentality of the men upstairs - let's not forget that we were doing OK on the pitch a month ago.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Marinerz93
January 4, 2018, 4:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Absolutely right on the button barra. I am also fed up about the ill-informed and defamatory nonsense that appears on this site. The fishy is however much like the dross on other fans forums, although there seems to be more of it on the fishy. It is a problem with society at large, so I suppose that we will have to endure reading the rubbish for some time yet, or chose to walk away and ignore the site.

To prove your point how many posts attack clem and how many are saying that the title and nature of abuse is completely unwarranted and unfair.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Maringer
January 4, 2018, 4:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,368
Gold Stars: 183
Quoted from barralad

I hope he has the good sense to give The Fishy a wide berth.

Any footballer who pays one jot of attention to something written about them on a forum is a bloody idiot.

Ought to be the first thing professional footballers are told the day when they begin their careers. Second thing would be not to say anything stupid on facebook/twitter et al.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
sonofmadeleymariner
January 4, 2018, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Clement could be that creative spark we need in midfield. He really impressed me last season and only wish we could play him, Osbourne and Summerfield/Rose in a midfield three.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
horsforthmariner
January 4, 2018, 5:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,580
Gold Stars: 9
Welcome back Chris. Glad your out of Barrow because that place is like dystopian post nuclear apocalypse hellhole as you are likely to get to in the North of England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
HistonMariner
January 4, 2018, 5:14pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Re. the original post.
I am encouraged by the overwhelming majority of responses. They affirm a good degree of commonsense
out there which tends to be what I encounter at games.
Sometimes The Fishy does make me wonder where the middle ground lies. I am totally in favour of people airing heartfelt opinions and it is obvious much is generated through incredible frustration, hurt and fear for the future. But some of the humour (sometimes taken the wrong way and sometimes mistakenly misdirected) and some of the personal comments only fuel the negativity, which we all want to dispel......It’s only how the negativity is dispelled that is up for discussion.
Incidentally, l thought Clements was half decent. He deserves a break. He owes the club for their patience and
understanding. If he works out it would be like a new signing that will cost nothing and not take funds that could be
spent elsewhere. If he doesn’t want to play for The Mighty Mariners his problem and goodbye——all common sense.
UTMM
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Marinerz93
January 4, 2018, 5:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HistonMariner
Re. the original post.
I am encouraged by the overwhelming majority of responses. They affirm a good degree of commonsense
out there which tends to be what I encounter at games.
Sometimes The Fishy does make me wonder where the middle ground lies. I am totally in favour of people airing heartfelt opinions and it is obvious much is generated through incredible frustration, hurt and fear for the future. But some of the humour (sometimes taken the wrong way and sometimes mistakenly misdirected) and some of the personal comments only fuel the negativity, which we all want to dispel......It’s only how the negativity is dispelled that is up for discussion.
Incidentally, l thought Clements was half decent. He deserves a break. He owes the club for their patience and
understanding. If he works out it would be like a new signing that will cost nothing and not take funds that could be
spent elsewhere. If he doesn’t want to play for The Mighty Mariners his problem and goodbye——all common sense.
UTMM

Well said Histon  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
Maringer
January 4, 2018, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,368
Gold Stars: 183
Hmmm. I wonder if his return (providing he is anything like fit) might let us play a midfield 3 or try 2 holding midfielders once again?

Let's face it, we're not offering much of a threat with 4-4-2 at present so perhaps time to have another try with something different?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
moosey_club
January 4, 2018, 5:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,179
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from barralad

Completely agree with the sentiment Barra....but...i think most of the hyperbole has appeared or at least significantly increased since the fans forum debacle.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fat boy is back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.