3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Numanoid
January 3, 2018, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
January 3, 2018, 7:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

One end of Cambridge Street in Cleethorpes looked like a rubbish tip today, these 2 weekly collections are a disgrace.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
MuddyWaters
January 3, 2018, 7:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Numanoid
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!

Report it to a Councillor. In all seriousness, Manchester Street was like dogshit city last Saturday.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
ginnywings
January 3, 2018, 7:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
I walked to the Doctors today and unfortunately, the overflowing Christmas fuelled re-cyling tubs were being blown all over by hurricane Eleanor, including my own, which took 10 mins to re-pack. Most people had gone to work and left theirs on the front as usual, only for all the contents to be left to the wilds of the wind. Saw a couple of council trucks struggling away with about three times the normal amount of detritus. It's not usually this bad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
cmackenzie4
January 3, 2018, 7:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Anderson Street, Ripon Street and Lord Street area of the town are a disgrace, litter and household goods (fridges/cookers/carpets) strewn all over the place, Trollies in the Freshney, people just don’t give a toss anymore!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
chaos33
January 3, 2018, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
And councils don't have the resource to make a proper job of waste management following perpetual cuts to their grant from successive Tory governments. Still, at least austerity has worked. Oh, wait a minute...

Never mind eh - in about 10 years time we'll likely have precious few public services at all - everything will be run by the free market and the town will be a rat infested tip of disposable modern life, whilst self obsessed Facebook wallowing louts run amok.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
KingstonMariner
January 3, 2018, 8:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Anderson Street, Ripon Street and Lord Street area of the town are a disgrace, litter and household goods (fridges/cookers/carpets) strewn all over the place, Trollies in the Freshney, people just don’t give a toss anymore!

It's not just in GY though. Our area is similar. About 3 times over the last year I've had to report stuff dumped in the street - a fridge, a mattress and now a quilt. flipping scum whoever it is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
moosey_club
January 3, 2018, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Whereas on the streets of affluent London, where the gold pavements are littered with stab victims and the melting flesh remnants of acid attacks....i know what i would rather see.

If NE Lincs council announced a £20 or £30 per household rise in council tax to revert to weekly collections and increased litter patrols half the town would blow a gasket....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
promotion plaice
January 3, 2018, 8:07pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Numanoid
I know the mariners are a bit shite at the moment but ... driving around town  ,the bloody town actually LOOKS shite,  its s disgrace with rubbish almost everywhere. .l know its not footy but it doesn't make a good impression on any potential new signings and WE shouldn't have to put up with it !!

Just so this thread doesn't get moved.......yes.. we are playing shite at the moment  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
golfer
January 3, 2018, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
It's not all our shite, a lot of it was what Slade brought in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shite

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.