2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 3, 2018, 12:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Anyone else remember with fondness the old fanzine? Not sure when it was last trotted out but would love to see it released annually maybe a Xmas Special. I seem to recall the editor was a fella called Steve Plowes who lived near Blackpool and the weather Gods hated him he was always stood on the corner soaked wet through with a green parka on rooting around for change Cracking read though and I wish I hadn`t lobbed them all out when I moved
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
January 3, 2018, 1:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Ok at the time but hardly relevant now......was filled with topics such as ... we need a new ground, the chairman is useless, sack the board, player x is slow and useless....  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
grimps
January 3, 2018, 1:16pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Ive got about 20 copies at home that I always promise myself I'll read again one day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
1mickylyons
January 3, 2018, 2:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from moosey_club
Ok at the time but hardly relevant now......was filled with topics such as ... we need a new ground, the chairman is useless, sack the board, player x is slow and useless....  

I have been laughing at the codalmighty cartoon which brought back memories of SWWF.Sadly the day of printed copies of fanzines etc has gone you are right but as a novelty one off it could still have a place with fans especially those of us a bit older.Would you not buy it once a year Moosey who knows the infamous Moosey Club may get a mention?Some of us still remember BHA away on a Tuesday night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Vance Warner
January 3, 2018, 3:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Cod Almighty is the closest thing we have to SWWF these days. Thought their diary the other day summed up their role quite well.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6565

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
moosey_club
January 3, 2018, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I have been laughing at the codalmighty cartoon which brought back memories of SWWF.Sadly the day of printed copies of fanzines etc has gone you are right but as a novelty one off it could still have a place with fans especially those of us a bit older.Would you not buy it once a year Moosey who knows the infamous Moosey Club may get a mention?Some of us still remember BHA away on a Tuesday night

ermm....ermm...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
tanga_the_indestructible
January 3, 2018, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Anyone else remember with fondness the old fanzine? Not sure when it was last trotted out but would love to see it released annually maybe a Xmas Special. I seem to recall the editor was a fella called Steve Plowes who lived near Blackpool and the weather Gods hated him he was always stood on the corner soaked wet through with a green parka on rooting around for change Cracking read though and I wish I hadn`t lobbed them all out when I moved

I started it in the summer of 1988 just after we’d been relegated and Alan had just arrived. Funnily enough I found all the early copies in the loft the other day. Some corking front covers, even if I do say so myself.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
wigworld
January 3, 2018, 4:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I've got a bunch of them in a loft somewhere. I scanned a few at one point and put them online. I'll stick a link up if I can remember where they are!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 11
wigworld
January 3, 2018, 5:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 11
Manchester Mariner
January 3, 2018, 5:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
I loved getting SWWF back in the day and it pretty much started my interest in fanzines, used to buy other teams zines if available at away games and went on to collect and write for a fair few music fanzines. Like others have said, I'm not sure with the internet there would be much point in them nowadays.

But yeah, nostalgic thoughts for the cartoons like the adventures of Futchenstein and Nobby the steward with his 'I'd cut my arms off for Town' catchphrase.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
tintowner
January 3, 2018, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
I know that SWWF was re launched in  the 00s and the issue numbers continued from where the previous editor stopped.

Does anyone have any info regarding at what number the final issue was printed?

I do know that there was a 61 issued.....but after that ????

If anyone has issues  48, 51, 52, 55, 61 .....and any after (if there were any), I would glady pay the Queens coin for them.

THE BLACK & WHITE CORNER FANZINE:

Has anyone got issues 1, 2 & 4 available to sell?

PM me.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
KingstonMariner
January 3, 2018, 7:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
You hero wigworld! Ta.

After work I used to regularly walk down to Sportspages in London to see if they had the latest edition in. Remember buying Grorty male private once after Buckley went to WBA - Headline was 'Buckley's latest signing. It's cheap and it's from Grimsby'. Next to a picture of a trawler  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SWWF

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.