This thread currently has 13,141 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
January 3, 2018, 12:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
To Scunthorpe ? ... just had a word with a nice chap from scunny and he thinks its true ?

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
January 3, 2018, 12:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
If this was end of last season, i would be gutted.

Right now, i couldn't care less, nothing i hate more than when someone gives 0 effort and isn't arsed about our football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 73
OllieGTFC
January 3, 2018, 12:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Probably is, the games have seen jones lately he hasn’t looked interested, let’s see what happens bit of money and a player swap will do

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 73
TheRealJohnLewis
January 3, 2018, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
If Jones was going down the leagues then I would say it's because he's not producing on the pitch.  But as it's a top Lge 1 team who are after him, why would they want him if he's lazy and not putting in the effort?

Maybe it's not Jones who's the problem...
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 73
Abdul19

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Looked more of a Conference North player than a League One one on Saturday.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 73
Maringer
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
I'd be amazed if Scunthorpe were interested personally.

Unless he is playing seriously out of position, he's not shown too much this season to indicate that he would be capable of playing in a higher division. More worryingly is that his fitness doesn't seem a great deal better than last season when you could perhaps forgive him a little for not being able to last the full game.

Too much half-arsed jogging around on show from him in the past month or two especially and he's missed some great opportunities to set up chances because his head has been down when he has got the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 73
Grimal
January 3, 2018, 12:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from fleabag1970
To Scunthorpe ? ... just had a word with a nice chap from scunny and he thinks its true ?

If a scunny scout has watched Jones in the last couple of months I don't think will be recommending they sign him. His level at the moment would be more like Skellingthorpe than Scunthorpe.He's like a sulky little kid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 73
oldun
January 3, 2018, 12:23pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I would be amazed. He would not get a game in a team at the top of league 1 unless he is so demotivated at the present time that we are not seeing the best of him. There is a player in there but he is still very raw and needs to realise football is a team game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 73
RichMariner
January 3, 2018, 12:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
After looking fairly average in the National League, Alex Rodman is now doing well at a League 1 club gunning for promotion to the Championship.

I've always believed that 50% of players in L1 & L2 are much of a muchness, and the way you sign the best is by bringing out the best in them.

Until Podge signed for us, no one had been able to get 20+ goals out of him in a season, let alone 30.

I haven't been to many matches this season so my judgment on Sam Jones is based on what I saw last season (and in the handful of games I've seen this season):

He's definitely good enough to prosper in League 2. Players don't turn crap overnight. Reading between the lines, he probably isn't enjoying playing in this Slade team because it doesn't suit his strengths.

He's stopped scoring, he's not getting the same amount of chances, he's lost confidence and therefore lost form.

We need to get him back on it, and I wish we had a manager and a coaching set-up that was able to work with players when they lose form rather than take the easy decision to get rid and bring in someone else, because the cycle will only get repeated.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 73
Roast Em Bobby
January 3, 2018, 12:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from RichMariner
After looking fairly average in the National League, Alex Rodman is now doing well at a League 1 club gunning for promotion to the Championship.

I've always believed that 50% of players in L1 & L2 are much of a muchness, and the way you sign the best is by bringing out the best in them.

Until Podge signed for us, no one had been able to get 20+ goals out of him in a season, let alone 30.

I haven't been to many matches this season so my judgment on Sam Jones is based on what I saw last season (and in the handful of games I've seen this season):

He's definitely good enough to prosper in League 2. Players don't turn crap overnight. Reading between the lines, he probably isn't enjoying playing in this Slade team because it doesn't suit his strengths.

He's stopped scoring, he's not getting the same amount of chances, he's lost confidence and therefore lost form.

We need to get him back on it, and I wish we had a manager and a coaching set-up that was able to work with players when they lose form rather than take the easy decision to get rid and bring in someone else, because the cycle will only get repeated.

100% agree with this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 73
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jones

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.