1mickylyons
January 4, 2018, 1:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,257
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from barralad

Well "my friend" I hope you've got enough left of your tether to step in if and when you get your wish. I don't think I'll be putting any money on you being around to help deal with the fallout.
If you think that the current situation is as bad on the pitch as the relegation season then might I respectfully suggest that you get some perspective from somewhere.  

This is not a great side barra but it`s good enough to stay in the division the effort at least is usually there and the side that went down had no effort.The lack of creativity,spark,guile and above all goals are the problem on the pitch for joe public and it`s compounded when the Manger seems happy to lose 2-0 without troubling the opposition keeper.The problems off the pitch are well versed and clearly it`s at a point where fans have had enough and are now going to do something about it be that attending and calling for heads or staying away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 63
OneLove
January 4, 2018, 1:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from barralad

Well "my friend" I hope you've got enough left of your tether to step in if and when you get your wish. I don't think I'll be putting any money on you being around to help deal with the fallout.
If you think that the current situation is as bad on the pitch as the relegation season then might I respectfully suggest that you get some perspective from somewhere.  

Ive think I've done a good share of helping the club out in me life and not too long ago raising some capital for our youth system which never gets a look in. Im grimsby through and through, thick and thin and all that but its times like this we need to step back and have a good look at the club in a whole. Its deteriorating and it will most definitely come to a halt if fenty and co are to continue being involved, its clear and simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 63
headingly_mariner
January 4, 2018, 1:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Support the team, sack the board.

I think we should be getting behind the team in the ground. I do however think vocal opposition to the board is warranted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 63
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2018, 2:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I think we should be getting behind the team in the ground. I do however think vocal opposition to the board is warranted.

Succinctly put and I do agree with that. It is our club after all said and done, and the board have had a good run at it and delivered very little, apart from survival when things were looking dodgy. Everybody respects that, but you would get short thrift in any other sphere if your only limited achievement was 16 years ago.

The board needs to feel our ire; to be made aware that treading water is no longer an option and to get their fingers out on and off the field.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 63
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2018, 8:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Gaffer, in that scenario I think I could tolerate abuse from the scrotes on the Fishy and Twitter. 😀

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 63
easypeersy
January 4, 2018, 10:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Support the club through thin and thin
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 63
Marinerz93
January 5, 2018, 12:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from easypeersy
Support the club through thin and thin thiner

Corrected for you  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 63
TheCodfather1966
January 5, 2018, 12:36am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
This club is going nowhere fast under Slade and indeed Fenty.  Although a season ticket holder, I don't think I will bother going on Saturday, because in over 40 years of supporting Town through thick and thin, this is the worst team I have ever seen..... simple as.   FFS, even when we got relegated we even had two or three decent players in the team, who do we have this season ???  The home games with the exception of Swindon, have been dreadful this season.  Boring useless, Slade hoofball, who the flying f**k wants to watch this week in week out.  Any other manager would have been shown the door by now for these displays, but for some reason The deluded Board want to stick with Coco The Clown for the rest of the season.  I personally don't think this club will ever get going whilst the current Board are in place, they treat the fans like crap and just take our money and offer NO entertainment or hope back in return.  The best thing that could happen is for a significant percentage of Town fans to miss a game or two, this is the only message that the club will understand.  Atrocious crowds and zero morale will always shift a useless manager, and lets face it, Slade is pretty clueless and useless as a fooball manager.  How the hell does this club keeping taking one step forward and three back.  We have brilliant fans and a great love of this club in our proud Town of Grimsby, why don't the Board share our passion for the club.....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 63
Mrs Doyle
January 5, 2018, 4:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859

Succinctly put and I do agree with that. It is our club after all said and done, and the board have had a good run at it and delivered very little, apart from survival when things were looking dodgy. Everybody respects that, but you would get short thrift in any other sphere if your only limited achievement was 16 years ago.

The board needs to feel our ire; to be made aware that treading water is no longer an option and to get their fingers out on and off the field.

Don't you think the board already know this If Fenty gets his money back he will be out of here like a shot he even said that not in so many words at the forum and that other leary pillock left everyone in no mind what he thinks of us.

Fenty will not budge whilst he as millions invested end of.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 63
Vance Warner
January 5, 2018, 11:01am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Agree with this. At the very least it might bruise a few people's egos which is all they really seem to care about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boycott, Banners and Chanting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.