Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Concerns for our future
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 312 Guests

Concerns for our future

This thread currently has 2,996 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
January 2, 2018, 6:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Quoted from MuddyWaters

PR is done on the pitch according to JSF - another absurd statement in a decade and more of absurd statements.

I agree with JF on this.
If everything was going well on the pitch then word would spread and gates would increase but unfortunately the opposite is true when the football is garbage as it is now. ( the worst I can think of since we dropped out of the league)
Currently we see mums and dads, kids at their sides, leaving the ground before the full time whistle, moaning and complaining about what has been served up. Young'uns are sat in stands listening to such vociferous negativity, it is bound to put them off coming.
We are at a point of losing a future paying generation and if they don't go then they won't be taking their kids!
Good night Vienna
Whether it is JF or someone else running the club, they have to remember that they are only custodians and MUST ensure it is there for generations to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Badger57
January 2, 2018, 6:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,903
Gold Stars: 30
If the PR is done on the pitch then why in hell did Fenty bring Slade back then? The football was shite the first time round and it's even worse now.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Cod Cheeks
January 2, 2018, 7:00pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Badger57
If the PR is done on the pitch then why in hell did Fenty bring Slade back then? The football was shite the first time round and it's even worse now.  

I agree entirely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
MuddyWaters
January 2, 2018, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Cod Cheeks

I agree with JF on this.
If everything was going well on the pitch then word would spread and gates would increase but unfortunately the opposite is true when the football is garbage as it is now. ( the worst I can think of since we dropped out of the league)
Currently we see mums and dads, kids at their sides, leaving the ground before the full time whistle, moaning and complaining about what has been served up. Young'uns are sat in stands listening to such vociferous negativity, it is bound to put them off coming.
We are at a point of losing a future paying generation and if they don't go then they won't be taking their kids!
Good night Vienna
Whether it is JF or someone else running the club, they have to remember that they are only custodians and MUST ensure it is there for generations to come.

Custodian? Yep, it's a word from the JSF vocabulary and, as the club's custodian, he's responsible for what happens on all matters GTFC. From appointing the club's manager to appointing the tea lady and all matters in between and to pass off the PR in the way that he did shines a light on his way of working, if there's any way to pass the buck then pass it. Russell Slade was appointed 'to take us to the next level' - well, on the basis that he's never got a club promoted I can only assume that the next level is down.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
Cod Cheeks
January 2, 2018, 7:50pm
Snakebite drinker
That's my point Old Codger
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
IlkleyMariner
January 2, 2018, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
We could always merge with Grimsby borough who are currently top of their league?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Marinerz93
January 2, 2018, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
JF must be cursed, has he trampled all over an Albatross colony to get such heinous luck, or is it a large case of you reap what you sow.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
HackneyHaddock
January 2, 2018, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Of course PR is done on the pitch, but I think the problem most people had with JF's quote was that he was saying that to mean "therefore a professional PR operation at the club is pointless", which was very narrow-minded.

Some decent early-season PR and fan-engagement would have reduced pressure around the club (and on JF himself) and made it easier for times like now when the team is going through a sticky patch after a good run and raised hopes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Madeleymariner
January 3, 2018, 12:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,013
Gold Stars: 49
PR is done on the pitch, look at Lincoln, the cup run etc. people got on board and stayed because they were winning and it has continued into this season. Its not difficult, winning gets crowds in, even more if its entertaining as well as winning. At least if you are going to lose give people something to get excited about while its happening and they may come back next time. but the moment Crewe scored on NYD I sat there expecting the game to just peter out into more meh and dont think I got up off my seat once after that even when we were attacking.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
RichMariner
January 3, 2018, 12:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
A club that refuses to appreciate the power of PR is in the dark ages.

I remember when companies were scared stiff of social media. Now every single company you can think of has either a Facebook or Twitter account, or both, or more.

The only reason CEOs were scared of social media was because they didn't know how to use it.

Fenty is scared of PR because he doesn't know what it is, or what it does, or what can be achieved with it.

Yes, what happens on the pitch is hugely important, but a four-game winning run won't paper over these long-term cracks and the majority of our fans are now wise to this.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
MarinerMal
January 4, 2018, 2:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
What JF said is true but the point he misses....

The PR is done on the pitch if the team is being successful.

The team is successful on the pitch if the board are making the correct decisions off the pitch.

There have been too many poor decisions from our not-chairman and board recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
Marinerz93
January 5, 2018, 12:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
These opinions John isn't interested in because they are your opinions, he believes everything is rosy and we should get behind him, reminds me of Nero playing the fiddle whilst Rome burned.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Fxx3OCI.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Concerns for our future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.