Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Management Poll
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 154 Guests

What would you do with the management team?
Keep Slade & Wilkinson and give them funds for the transfer window
Sack Slade & Wilkinson but no funds are available for the replacement/caretaker
Sack Slade & give Wilkinson funds for 1 or 2 additions
Keep Slade & Wilkinson but insist they work with what we currently have contracted
  View Results 141 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Management Poll

This thread currently has 4,951 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2018, 9:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
You are chairman/majority shareholder so what would you do given the choice this evening?

I am basically suggesting that if the management team were to go, that would swallow up the budget for the season.
Logged Online
Private Message
chaos33
January 1, 2018, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Could we find a good replacement in 4 weeks ( or before the window shuts)? Doubtful.
What caretaker option do we have that could manage us through a transfer window to the extent that he brings in a few quality signings?!?
Deeply flawed poll.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
davmariner
January 1, 2018, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from chaos33
Could we find a good replacement in 4 weeks ( or before the window shuts)? Doubtful.
What caretaker option do we have that could manage us through a transfer window to the extent that he brings in a few quality signings?!?
Deeply flawed poll.

Not with Fenty doing the finding.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
ginnywings
January 1, 2018, 9:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Sometimes the best course of action is to hold your nerve and do nothing. I suspect that targets have already been identified and initial contact made, so best wait and see where we are at the end of the window and beyond. I don't think a new manager is what we need right now, unless there is an outstanding candidate waiting in the wings. And even if there was, i don't think the board will be contemplating a change at the moment. He's only had one window so far and any manager has to be given a bit of time, even one as unpopular as Slade is right now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
TAGG
January 1, 2018, 9:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from ginnywings
Sometimes the best course of action is to hold your nerve and do nothing. I suspect that targets have already been identified and initial contact made, so best wait and see where we are at the end of the window and beyond. I don't think a new manager is what we need right now, unless there is an outstanding candidate waiting in the wings. And even if there was, i don't think the board will be contemplating a change at the moment. He's only had one window so far and any manager has to be given a bit of time, even one as unpopular as Slade is right now.

What makes you think Slades targets will be any better than the last lot???
Don’t give the useless twit anymore money just get rid now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
ginnywings
January 1, 2018, 10:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from TAGG

What makes you think Slades targets will be any better than the last lot???
Don’t give the useless twit anymore money just get rid now.

I don't think anything. I will wait and see who comes in and then decide. It's easy to just say get rid, but then what? Who comes in? Will he be any better? I have said many times that i am not a fan of Slade but we are not in a perilous position at the moment, despite all the doom and gloom around.

Do we really want to be onto our 4th manager ( 5th if you count Dave Moore's caretaker stint) in one and a half seasons?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2018, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,881
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings

I don't think anything. I will wait and see who comes in and then decide. It's easy to just say get rid, but then what? Who comes in? Will he be any better? I have said many times that i am not a fan of Slade but we are not in a perilous position at the moment, despite all the doom and gloom around.

Do we really want to be onto our 4th manager ( 5th if you count Dave Moore's caretaker stint) in one and a half seasons?

We might still only be on our second if Trigger hadn't fired Bignot.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Harry Haddock
January 1, 2018, 10:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
You've missed one... Sack Slade & Wilkinson and give the new manager funds to start rebuilding the squad

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
promotion plaice
January 1, 2018, 11:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from ginnywings

Totally agree with this......many of us including me are a bit fed up with current results at the moment but we still have to live in the real world

We are not even flirting with the relegation places at the moment.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
KingstonMariner
January 2, 2018, 12:36am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agree with Ginny on this. Besides, it'd be like shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Management Poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.