3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
zorro_is_a_Mariner
January 1, 2018, 6:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
let's be honest killip is excrement not good enough for us am being honest, half the team are slow as my flipping grandma we can't counter teams, we score very little we are a excrement league 2 team and we've signed half this team on 2 year deals absolutely shite slade.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Madeleymariner
January 1, 2018, 6:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
So glad it was a 20 min trip for me, but for 5 mins start and end of each half just utter dross, one proper shot on target all game; we are simply too negative, if a team has possession in our half our players just run away from the ball into the penalty area. Vernon Woolford just too slow, Dembele and DJ trying too hard, back four that cant defend and strikers that cant score. Crewe were nothing, its just they moved a bit quicker and did things quicker and got to nearly all the 2nd balls.
Only 1 playewr who can say they were ok today and that was Summerfield, didn't notice Osbourne do much wrong but overall what a waste of £22. Thought the chanting Slade/Fenty out was a bit unfair on the players at an away match, but all for it when we're at home.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Lincspoacher
January 1, 2018, 8:03pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +284
Gold Stars: 15
Should have listened to the Mrs when suggested to son we go today!

I won’t repeat some accurate observations about how we played today from previous posts. However, as an ex player I can tell that half the side did not want to be there today. The body language was defeatist, negative and absolutely no leadership in the team as well as the obvious technical deficiencies already commented on.

I am 100% certain that RS does not have a squad fighting or believing in what he is trying to do.

It’s one thing to have absolutely no threat in front of goal, which we do. But coupled with a team that has lost its desire, then these are perilous weeks for us as a real nosedive is possible.

I see real problems ahead and let’s be honest, we can keep changing our managers but the issues at GTFC are much deeper and more fundamental than that.

The club has a leadership crisis from top to bottom, a culture of blames and bullying when challenged and a complete lack of transparency and humility from its board.

Worrying times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
AndyGTFC
January 1, 2018, 10:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Considering the low away attendance, I should've followed a lot of people and stayed at home. £22 not well spent...

Was hoping for a response from Saturday and we started fairly well but as soon as they started attacking, they scored and looked like doing so every time they went forward. Second half we had a lot of possession as they sat back but didn't come close to scoring so no surprise there.

This team honestly just bores me, and the five changes (some enforced) we made from Saturday just made it worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
ginnywings
January 1, 2018, 10:12pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Crewe also lost by three goals on Saturday and also made five changes. They obviously have more depth to their squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
RichMariner
January 1, 2018, 10:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Slade should never have been appointed.

We have invested in the squad - we have a squad of 30. We've just made bad investments.

Slade cannot get the best out of our most talented players. Jamey Osborne allegedly not committed, Sam Jones - our only real goal threat - has lost form and confidence.

It's not excusable because they're professionals, but if I was a creative midfielder/attacker I wouldn't want to be playing in a Russell Slade team.

So, in summary: Slade has made mostly bad signings, made our few talented players lose form or feel marginalised, got us playing the most boring style of football in my living memory and has a worse points-per-game ratio than the 'disruptive' Marcus Bignot.

I don't see a future under Russell Slade. I can't for the life of me see what he's trying to build.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
chaos33
January 1, 2018, 11:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Yes, he said that at the recent forum. 'I'm trying to build you something'.
What is it Russ?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Marinerz93
January 1, 2018, 11:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from chaos33
Yes, he said that at the recent forum. 'I'm trying to build you something'.
What is it Russ?

Sladeballs desperate comment was like a dead man walking tying to buy time, so far there is nothing to show what he is building, unless it's cheap as chips players who do enough to avoid relegation each season whilst playing the most unattractive football they can club together.

Well they do say that Rome wasn't built in a day, but I wasn't on that job  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
sydney
January 1, 2018, 11:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Feel Depressed Tonight
Come on Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
arryarryarry
January 2, 2018, 12:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from sydney
Feel Depressed Tonight
Come on Town!

And just to depress you even more  

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11192518/crewe-2-0-grimsby
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.