promotion plaice
January 1, 2018, 8:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Same shiite .........different day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYobjInfsZY

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2018, 8:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from londonmariner2
Support him to the end of the season at least. Sacking him now would end up being an even bigger disaster.
Only 2 weeks ago Notts County fans said we were the best team they had seen there this season. Also the Swindon game at home was the best match there had been for a long time.
Every mid table team has a bad run of form.
Sl;ade is going nowhere this season.
I am not his biggest fan but live in hope he can turn it round.

Well i live in reality. Truth is most didn't want him back, most (Nigel Lowther included) couldn't work out why he had been brought back and most saw it as a Fenty-driven appointment. The fact is that he has lost the fans. Can he win the fans back? I doubt it. If you are rose-tinted, his style can be described as pragmatic, most in the Lower Findus call it dull, boring, mundane, crap..and worse. Problem is that he's like the man who employed him, my way or the highway, single-minded if you're a believer, stubbornasfuck if you're not.

The club needs to change - not just the manager but the whole lot - we look like a bunch of dinosaurs stuck in Jurassic Park.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
golfer
January 1, 2018, 8:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Today at my local seance Sitting Bull came down and held my hand. He spoke to me in a calm voice "Tomorrow when sun shine on Dock Tower Slade eat shite. Big man in white tower tell Slade and Tonto " You fuwk off pretty quick before you lynched I follow also pretty quick"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
chaos33
January 1, 2018, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
If Slade was sacked today, and I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be ok - how long would it take to find and appoint a new manager? To make a better decision than the last 2? Serious question...4 weeks at the quickest, maybe 6-8 weeks? Maybe appoint a caretaker until the end of the season?
Bang goes your transfer window opportunity. If we want to do anything this season, we need to sign players in the next 4 weeks and ideally cut a few loose if we can. Instead of imploring Fenty to sack Slade right now, we would be better asking him and the board to make resources available to Slade to make signings. We can then judge these players and him and Wilko, and see where we are and avoid unnecessary, unhelpful instability and squandering our only chance to change things on the pitch this season. Sack him now - new man comes in end of Feb (say), and has to make do with inherited, largely substandard players.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
January 1, 2018, 8:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well i live in reality. Truth is most didn't want him back, most (Nigel Lowther included) couldn't work out why he had been brought back and most saw it as a Fenty-driven appointment. The fact is that he has lost the fans. Can he win the fans back? I doubt it. If you are rose-tinted, his style can be described as pragmatic, most in the Lower Findus call it dull, boring, mundane, crap..and worse. Problem is that he's like the man who employed him, my way or the highway, single-minded if you're a believer, stubbornasfuck if you're not.

The club needs to change - not just the manager but the whole lot - we look like a bunch of dinosaurs stuck in Jurassic Park.

I am not sure most didn't want him back. He seemed to get a positive reaction in that first game against Cambridge and subsequent home games; I was happy with his appointment as I didn't trust Fenty after the Bignot debacle and I thought employing an experienced manager who knew Fenty's faults would be the best thing.

Less than 3 weeks ago we were doing ok; not  great but with January looming we thought we might be able to make a play off push.

The problems lie above Slade if we are going to get anywhere. I don't suppose any of his signings (bar Clarke) were Slade's first choice. We don't pay enough to attract the quality we need, otherwise we would get them.  
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
GrimRob
January 1, 2018, 8:12pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
There's no point sacking Slade if we don't appoint someone better. Obviously, the plan was to replace Bignot with Slade as there was such a small gap between them. If Slade goes out of the blue it will be Paul Wilkinson will be in charge. It's hard to separate our what contribution he has made, but the last thing we want is to keep replacing the manager every transfer window! Half the problem at the moment is that the squad is not good enough, or deep enough. But I still think with maybe two class signings we have the makings of a squad that could challenge for a top 7 spot.

I don't think there is an easy answer. So I expect we will carry on and hope things get better.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 71
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2018, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob
There's no point sacking Slade if we don't appoint someone better. Obviously, the plan was to replace Bignot with Slade as there was such a small gap between them. If Slade goes out of the blue it will be Paul Wilkinson will be in charge. It's hard to separate our what contribution he has made, but the last thing we want is to keep replacing the manager every transfer window! Half the problem at the moment is that the squad is not good enough, or deep enough. But I still think with maybe two class signings we have the makings of a squad that could challenge for a top 7 spot.

I don't think there is an easy answer. So I expect we will carry on and hope things get better.

But, of Slade's signings, who are good enough? Clarke & Dembele out of 12 signings?
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
GrimRob
January 1, 2018, 8:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But, of Slade's signings, who are good enough? Clarke & Dembele out of 12 signings?

I agree but surely he realises that himself and may adopt a different approach this window. Like getting more or different input from others, or looking at stats more, anything but his approach in the summer.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 57 - 71
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2018, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from chaos33
If Slade was sacked today, and I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be ok - how long would it take to find and appoint a new manager? To make a better decision than the last 2? Serious question...4 weeks at the quickest, maybe 6-8 weeks? Maybe appoint a caretaker until the end of the season?
Bang goes your transfer window opportunity. If we want to do anything this season, we need to sign players in the next 4 weeks and ideally cut a few loose if we can. Instead of imploring Fenty to sack Slade right now, we would be better asking him and the board to make resources available to Slade to make signings. We can then judge these players and him and Wilko, and see where we are and avoid unnecessary, unhelpful instability and squandering our only chance to change things on the pitch this season. Sack him now - new man comes in end of Feb (say), and has to make do with inherited, largely substandard players.

Top post. The squad is lacking in quality, time to add it and not spunk loads of dough on a sacking.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
Ipswin
January 1, 2018, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
As I said to Fenty (in his undercover persona as 'getyourfactsright') in November:-

'Mr Fenty, Sir, All Powerful One, My Lord etc etc

I will forgive you everything, every member-up and stupid decision since your arrival, shaking hands with me at Braintree after you had a urine and before you washed your hands, being rude to me at Colchester, breaking that little kid's flag, sacking Mighty, upsetting Radio Humberside, blackmailing the Trust into parting with their shares and running onto the pitch at Braintree like some schoolboy if you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Slade and Wilkinson NOW before we return to the Conference.

I remain sir your obedient bum boy and sh!t stirrer

Swin'

A couple of wins took the wind out of my sails then but I repeat my plea now - Slade has to go!

Give the job to Dave Moore for the rest of the season, I think we probably have enough in the tank (given some plausible tactics and selections coupled with numerous kicks up certain arses) to avoid relegation if he is in charge. Forget the January window signings-wise and just concentrate on keeping Dembele

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade has to go  and  today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.