HertsGTFC
January 1, 2018, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Sacking the manager is not the answer. The club needs a complete shift in direction.
The fans are divided and the ownership are completely out of touch with them. The fans need something to rally around.

The club gets the crowds to be sustainable in this division and with a positive plan of action communicated with the fans we could see gates that would put our income above this division.
The fans need a positive plan and positive actions to get behind. We need to be able to trust those running the club.  

Exactly, I don;t like the personal stuff aimed at John Fenty but he needs to stand up acknowledge previous mistakes and talk us through a stage by stage plan of how he wants  to take us forward. No stadium pipe dreams but just affirmative action on how the 3 main directors plan to give us success on the pitch and make visiting BP a pleasurable experience as at the moment they have lost sight of both.

Though I don't like the personal stuff aimed at Fenty after Marley's performance at the fans forum that smug arrogant so and so deserves all he gets.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 71
TAGG
January 1, 2018, 6:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
It's Mr Fenty again.
When he sacked the loonie he went straight out and got a bloke who had been sacked three times in 12 months, is at the end of his managerial career, has never taken a side to any sort of success, was dog excrement the first time around and that 90% of fans didn't want all because it was the easy choice.
I don't blame Slade coming here on the best contract any manager has been on at Town for years.
Fenty pay Slade and Wilko off out of your own pocket with the 250k you took out of the club because it is yet again your intercourse up.

When Bignot went you had the perfect opportunity to take a breath while DM was I charge and get the advice from people who know about football and get the right man to take us forward.
Mr Fenty you need as much advice as you can get because you know intercourse all about football.

FFS Get rid of Slade and Wilko now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 71
dicko995
January 1, 2018, 6:43pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Fully agree with Grantham Mariner, don't give him any money, just get rid of him. I for one have had it, and wont be attending Blundell Park on Saturday, and hope others do the same. Hit Fenty hard in the pocket if he doesn't get rid. I reckon Mike Lyons could give Slade a run for his money..... er,no he couldn't, haha.Times up Mr.Slade, do the decent thing for us all, and walk out on the club, again !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 71
heppy88
January 1, 2018, 6:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Sacking the manager is not the answer. The club needs a complete shift in direction.

Its part of the answer and is needed. I can think of only one "fan" who currently thinks Slades appointment made him feel "Cocka hoop!"

The fans are divided and the ownership are completely out of touch with them. The fans need something to rally around.

Why are the fans divided? We all want the same thing: to be entertained and to have success. All we want is a team and manager we can "rally around" and believe in.

The club gets the crowds to be sustainable in this division and with a positive plan of action communicated with the fans we could see gates that would put our income above this division.

That’s all ifs, buts and maybe’s. The board had every opportunity to do this after Operation Promotion. But did they?

The fans need a positive plan and positive actions to get behind. We need to be able to trust those running the club.

The fans don’t need a positive plan at all. The board and the manager need a positive plan. In fact, any plan at all because they don’t seem to have one at the minute. You must earn trust. Do you honestly believe the board are doing everything possible to earn the trust of the fans?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 71
denni266
January 1, 2018, 6:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Bringing players is not the end of what is needed,, we need someone that can get them playing . if slade is not sacked we could sign half the man city side and slade would distroy them  with his hoofball crap and 11 men defending corners.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 71
golfer
January 1, 2018, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
He's got another 3 1/2 years to go at £138 k plus Wilko's wages for probably the same length of time, so who is going to pay -£3/4 million if paid in full He'll still be here after most of us have called it a day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 71
TAGG
January 1, 2018, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from golfer
He's got another 3 1/2 years to go at £138 k plus Wilko's wages for probably the same length of time, so who is going to pay -£3/4 million if paid in full He'll still be here after most of us have called it a day.

I know they are on a good contract but that good??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 71
headingly_mariner
January 1, 2018, 7:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from heppy88

I think I could've explained that better. I meant the club needs to communicate a positive plan and follow it through with positive action. I think the board are failing and have a lot to do to win trust.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 71
arryarryarry
January 1, 2018, 7:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113

Anyone who plays Vernon up front on his own with Woolford behind him shouldn't be allowed to manage a kids team let alone a professional one.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 71
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2018, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from golfer

How do you know this? Or is it a Golferism?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade has to go  and  today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.