This thread currently has 955 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 31, 2017, 6:39pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Just watched the Arsenal game .....how on earth Mike Dean gave a penalty against Arsenals Chambers when his arms were in a natural position and it was blasted at him from about 3 foot away.

We need the Video referee now with all the money in the game.

We tested it out against Germany at Wembley and I thought it worked well.

I think it is going to be tried out in some English league game shortly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
December 31, 2017, 6:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
It's the Brighton Palace FA cup game next week. Not in favour of it myself though. Goal line technology is one thing, but I don't like the sound of this at all.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Tommy
December 31, 2017, 7:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Not in favour of it at all. Several reasons.

1) "all the money in the game now" is not a reason to do it. All the money in the game now is what's killing a lot of what makes football great so don't change things to ponder to those who place the importance on money.

2) humans make mistakes. Players make mistakes. Let refs make mistakes, it's what we all talk about in the week.

3) sometimes 3 pundits in a studio either can't decide or have different opinions after watching it 17 times in super-slow-mo so it's not like all decisions are a black and white yes or no. A lot of it is down to individual perception. So people would still disagree with some video-ref decisions I can assure you.

4) any rule changes should be able to be implemented at any level of football. The premier league shouldn't be playing a different game to the dog and duck FC on s Sunday morning. Same reason I wasn't in favour of goal line technology (although at least that is black/white definitive).

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
GrimRob
December 31, 2017, 7:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
There are no rule changes though. The rules are the same regardless of whether the cameras are there are not. The on-field decision would stand unless it is clearly and demonstrably wrong.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 5
Tommy
December 31, 2017, 7:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
But why should teams playing in the Prem "benefit" from a video ref when a conference north game can't. Football should be the same at every level. That's the beauty of sport is it not?

This would be another American-isation.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
LH
December 31, 2017, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Makes Monday morning at work really boring as well with no controversy to discuss. I’d actually have to do some work or something. Loosely on this subject the FA Simulation panel is daft too.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Video referee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.