This thread currently has 1,231 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
December 31, 2017, 5:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Looking back to the last time we played at this level it seems lessons havnt been learnt .Hurst has to be blamed for some of this . Signing the sort of players we hoped we wouldn't see again . Also JF for not investing in keeping the promotion team together ...Hurst has since signed some players we let go and isn't doing too bad ... it makes me sick to think this once great club is no better off than it was 12 years ago . As I've said before investing in fentys master plan is of no interest to me so I won't comment on performances ....slade will not be sacked because we are a mid table lg 2 team now and that's how the owner's must love it ......

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
December 31, 2017, 6:11pm
Guest User
Funny old thing, around these parts we have black and white lorries partaking in milk distribution.  A bit of history for you, the Wiseman family invested a fair sum many years back to gain control and then let it run into decline while skimming off profits.

In Grimsby you have a local (ex) businessman who made a small investment, again letting the business run into decline.  I guess you could regard his attention seeking approach as milking it.

Wisemans sold out to Muller, the local Grimsby businessman seems content to sit back and watch the team being Mullered.

All for the sake of an ego eh?
Reply: 1 - 5
HertsGTFC
December 31, 2017, 6:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from fleabag1970
Looking back to the last time we played at this level it seems lessons havnt been learnt .Hurst has to be blamed for some of this . Signing the sort of players we hoped we wouldn't see again . Also JF for not investing in keeping the promotion team together ...Hurst has since signed some players we let go and isn't doing too bad ... it makes me sick to think this once great club is no better off than it was 12 years ago . As I've said before investing in fentys master plan is of no interest to me so I won't comment on performances ....slade will not be sacked because we are a mid table lg 2 team now and that's how the owner's must love it ......

I can't see why Hurst is to blame for much of where we sit today, yes Vernon is bang average and it's taken a while for Berret and Summerfield to contribute and to be fair I'd like to see Bolarinwa back involved as we need pace. Yes we lost Arnold & Amond but the players and their agents also played a role in that.

Hurst signed Omar for what we are told was £50K, 18 months later he went for around a million after scoring many of the important goals that took us up, it was then a combination of Fenty who's poor management control allowed Bignot and to an extent Slade exercise a lack of savvy in the market which has left us with too many players and not enough quality. Remember of the 8 or so players Bignot signed under a year ago only one Jones was available for selection yesterday. He also offered Rose a pro deal even though he was not eligible to play in the UK and all of this was done with Gary Whilde the Head of Recruitment drawing a wage for what looked like laying out cones for the warm up and nothing else. Add to that the likes of Kelly, Dixon, Hooper and Woolford who so far have not looked part it all tells it's own story.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Abdul19
December 31, 2017, 6:26pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
We might not be any better off than we were 12 years ago, but on the bright side, we are better off than we were 9,8,7,6,5,4,3 and 2 years ago - things are looking up!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
chaos33
December 31, 2017, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Abdul is right.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Marinerz93
December 31, 2017, 8:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Nothing changes because the board are happy with mediocre despite the claims of next level, well what we are witnessing is taking us to the next level is Towns fans have started so feel apathy towards the club. The club ignores people opinions because they don't care. Next season unless things change there will be a drop in season ticket holders and the club will cry we have to play within our finances and we can't devalue the product, well Fenty the product has been watered down so much that it is as weak as kitten urine. You may be happy to drink it up but others aren't.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nothing changes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.