Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 297 Guests

Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

This thread currently has 51,588 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Welwynmariner
January 9, 2018, 6:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Said it on another post Collins's interview where he said we where carrying players especially away was apparently aimed at Osborne as well as the likes of Vose & Gunning.

The thing is that Collins is a committed pro footballer who knows where his priorities lie. He might be a bit past his peak but he always gives more than 100% and you can see how fired up he is when we get a win.

Osborne was a part-time footballer who had a whole range of other priorities and wasn't prepared to make the transition when push came to shove. It wasn't his biggest priority in life. It was poor judgement on Bignot's part not to realise what he was asking Osborne to take on when he persuaded him to sign for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 342
Mrs Doyle
January 9, 2018, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The whole Solihull triangle as turned toxic can't see Asante coming back either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 342
Grantham_Mariner
January 9, 2018, 6:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
Two of the three player that excited me last season have gone (officially) today, the other left a year ago.  They were the reason I looked forward to seeing my beloved Town play.

Sorry to say that Dembelle apart I have not been excited very often if at all this season by what I have seen.

Come on Russell excite me !!!!!!!!!!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 342
chicaneuk
January 9, 2018, 6:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
What a total joke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 342
HistonMariner
January 9, 2018, 6:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Suggested on other Jamie Osborne posts(19th & 28th Dec.) that maybe the personal issues were bigger than the
career issues, (knowing the red crosses would descend).Couldn’t suggest more because was told in strict confidence, that Jamie’s wife was always reluctant to move, which was probably sortable when others were travelling from the Midlands. But recently one of his young children has become quite seriously ill and his wife was even more reluctant to move away from family.
The recent loan and it’s on-off nature indicates all parties trying do the best for him and all parties concerned.
Now Jamie is with family and hopefully resuming a potentially successful career, Solihull get their man and we get our
money back(?) - though I wish it had turned out differently.
In this difficult time for OUR club, when everybodies concerns manifest in different ways, we all need to take a breath
and remember somethings remain more important..................usually!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 304 - 342
HistonMariner
January 9, 2018, 6:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Suggested on other Jamie Osborne posts(19th & 28th Dec.) that maybe the personal issues were bigger than the
career issues, (knowing the red crosses would descend).Couldn’t suggest more because was told in strict confidence, that Jamie’s wife was always reluctant to move, which was probably sortable when others were travelling from the Midlands. But recently one of his young children has become quite seriously ill and his wife was even more reluctant to move away from family.
The recent loan and it’s on-off nature indicates all parties trying do the best for him and all parties concerned.
Now Jamie is with family and hopefully resuming a potentially successful career, Solihull get their man and we get our
In this difficult time for OUR club, when everybodies concerns manifest in different ways, we all need to take a breath
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 305 - 342
chicaneuk
January 9, 2018, 7:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from HistonMariner

It's a good point, well presented. I guess I just wish there was a bit more transparency with this kind of thing sometimes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 342
denni266
January 9, 2018, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
I dont care what player it is,  weather the best or worst, if he had come clean  and said that he had a seriously ill child and his wife didnt want to move  we would have understud that , family and kids come first  and he would have gone with my blessing , but all this under the cloak stuf has got peoples backs up including mine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 342
grimsby pete
January 9, 2018, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Not all players are cut out to be full time professional footballers,

It looks he is happy living at home playing part time.

Maybe his body can not take all the work required ie shin splints ,

Just a thought.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 342
sam gy
January 9, 2018, 7:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,416
Gold Stars: 53
Perhaps this whole thing highlights another of Bignot’s failings. An experienced manager would (should!) know that there is more to a successful signing than just raw talent. You’re signing an individual, a human being with different circumstances than the next.

Make sure their head is right, make sure that if they’re not willing to move that they are fine with commuting, make sure it’s right for the players family and make sure they WANT it and are hungry.

Big disappointment to see Jamey go....but there must be several reasons as to why he’s never been more than a part time player in the midlands and why a bigger club hasn’t signed him from us. His raw talent suggests he is capable of far more, but that’s obviously not enough.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 342
35 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jamie Osbourne staying at Solihull

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.