This thread currently has 4,385 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Skrill
December 28, 2017, 10:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Imagine how if companies were not so heavily taxed and regulated and therefore forced to plant their resources into off-shore tax-heavens, trillions and trillions of resources could be used on creating a heaven on Earth.

This thread has quickly moved away from football  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 10:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Skrill
Imagine how if companies were not so heavily taxed and regulated and therefore forced to plant their resources into off-shore tax-heavens, trillions and trillions of resources could be used on creating a heaven on Earth.

This thread has quickly moved away from football  

Can't divorce football from politics. Especially when it comes to discussion of players' wages at the top level.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
KingstonMariner
December 28, 2017, 11:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
Football is not that big. If you added all the football teams in the country together they wouldn't even make a FTSE 100 company. Compared to the Googles and Apples of this world even our biggest football clubs are corner shops.

It's both symptomatic and emblematic though Rob. Same issue with CEOs receiving umpteen multiples of average employees wages.

If someone is getting £5million a year gross then tax the buggers £4m. You can take a lot of people off the streets for that. £1m ought to be enough to get by on.

If they don't like it and swan off abroad. If they're good enough.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
Skrill
December 28, 2017, 11:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If someone is getting £5million a year gross then tax the buggers £4m. You can take a lot of people off the streets for that. £1m ought to be enough to get by on.

The British taxpayer in 2017, the only difference? the numbers.

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 29, 2017, 1:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from lee65
I’m not even sure Van Dijk is that good!

Without Julie Andrews and Mary Tyler Moore he will be hopeless.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
FishOutOfWater
December 29, 2017, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37

I know what you mean but that's not correct is it? Unless picking up the £1 coin prevented him from receiving his pay from Madrid.

Either way, the whole thing is mad.There's something seriously wrong in a society where people earn are paid astronomical sums and there's people sleeping rough in places like Cleethorpes.

Just a small edit to your post KM  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 26
golfer
December 29, 2017, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,427
Gold Stars: 115

It's both symptomatic and emblematic though Rob. Same issue with CEOs receiving umpteen multiples of average employees wages.

If they don't like it and swan off abroad. If they're good enough.

One of my xmas presents was David Beckham aftershave. It's really nice and must have taken him a lot of time and effort to make-how he found the time I don't know-what with writing all his books and attending garden parties for charity the guy deserves a medal in the New Years honours list or even made a SIR.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 29, 2017, 3:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from golfer

One of my xmas presents was David Beckham aftershave. It's really nice and must have taken him a lot of time and effort to make-how he found the time I don't know-what with writing all his books and attending garden parties for charity the guy deserves a medal in the New Years honours list or even made a SIR.

Be careful, read the label. It’s actually facial hair restorer.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
Rick12
December 29, 2017, 5:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from buckstown
Swansea sack Clement
Wednesday sack Carvalhal
Boro sack Monk (after winning)
Swansea appoint Carvalhal
Monk second favourite for Wednesday
Liverpool pay £75m for Virgil van Dijk
And if fans stopped watching everything would collapse.Fans make the game money doesnt !

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
SteffiMariner
December 29, 2017, 8:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Rick12
And if fans stopped watching everything would collapse.Fans make the game money doesnt !

Whilst I agree this is true for the lower leagues, I'm not convinced for the Premier League. The income they get for ticket sales is dwarfed by what they get for TV rights - all the clubs are selling is a brand now, that is why you have so many tourist fans nowadays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How mental is modern football

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.