WesternMariner
December 27, 2017, 2:00pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +892
Gold Stars: 38
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/steve-evans-says-blundell-park-978491

See old Fatso has been running his gob off again. He really is one of my favourite football characters. Maybe there'd have been more noise if it wasn't for the frankly paltry 600 odd they brought with them - don't know how many we've taken to their place recently but I'll wager all my xmas gift vouchers it was more than that let alone for a festive fixture.

I also noticed that he's had to start wearing glasses - maybe there's truth in the old wives tale after all  

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
moosey_club
December 27, 2017, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Hard to argue with ...we have all said the same......it is like a morgue nowadays and an early kick off on Boxing Day didnt help either.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Marinerz93
December 27, 2017, 7:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Steve Evans, a bloke who wears guy liner and alledegly stockings with women's crutch-less knickers, who'd take anyone like that seriously.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Tommy
December 27, 2017, 9:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I agree with what he says about our crowd -  the home stands were all quiet.
However, I don't think their crowd were particularly loud, definitely nothing more than you'd expect from an away crowd. But then it's common for Managers to big-up their own away following, especially when a lot of them aren't convinced by him, so no issue.

Don't agree with his comments on the game either.
They had a good 15 minute spell when they equalised to get the point they probably deserved, but that does not equate to "dominating possession and territory" in a 90 minute game of football.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
promotion plaice
December 27, 2017, 11:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Evans forgot to mention that their goal should have been disallowed for a blatant handball.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
mariner91
December 27, 2017, 11:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
The home stands were quiet as they always are at BP but the Mansfield fans were awful. Terrible numbers for a short distance on a bank holiday and virtually no noise even when they weren't losing. Completely silent when they were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
LH
December 27, 2017, 11:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
I was looking through the predictions thread and seeing guesses of 900 away fans. I was gobsmacked that they brought near enough 700 - Mansfield and Notts County always bring shocking numbers for such a short journey.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Ruston AT
December 28, 2017, 11:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 10
BP never used to be quiet, in the days of exciting football with attacking forwards. Don't get me wrong Matt and Jones could be in that mould but others need to get to them quickly. Until we start attacking in a gang, numbers Russ that's the answer, BP will be quiet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
devs
December 28, 2017, 12:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
Think Evans is a prat but Mansfield deserved a point IMO
Match stats back that up - GTFC 10 shots/2 on target; Stags 18/4
Surprised we had more possession (52%)

It just felt like a draw was fair result but our lack of cutting edge/ruthlessness is preventing us climbing into play offs

Need a striker blah blah...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
moosey_club
December 29, 2017, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from devs
Think Evans is a prat but Mansfield deserved a point IMO
Match stats back that up - GTFC 10 shots/2 on target; Stags 18/4
Surprised we had more possession (52%)

It just felt like a draw was fair result but our lack of cutting edge/ruthlessness is preventing us climbing into play offs

Need a striker blah blah...

Strikers need service....cant recall a decent opportunity laid on for Matt or Jones last time out....the only two decent passes into the forward line came from Dembele late on and unfortunately they were in the vicinity of Vernon who didnt latch onto either.
Set pieces and midfielders arriving late are our only hopes of scoring at the minute.
Having Osbourn back....anyones guess if that will actually happen or not now......would offer some more intelligent service to the strikers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pillocks eye view

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.