2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
December 27, 2017, 11:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Another nail in the Premiership coffin;   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42489031

What a bad loser, what a whiny whinger, meh.

Worth remembering that Ranieri and Leicester didn't have £300 million to spend either Mister Mourinho.

Ugh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
RichMariner
December 27, 2017, 12:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,128
Gold Stars: 209
There was a study done not long ago that suggested there's no link between money spent on transfers and winning trophies.

However, there was a clearer link between money spent on salaries and winning trophies, so that suggests you're better off using your millions to reward players rather than pay for them.

Mourinho reminds me of Donald Trump in the sense that he can say anything, or even directly contradict something he said just the day before, and think he can gain the public's support/sympathy.

Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he's as good as what he was. Whether that's down to him being overtaken by others, or that he doesn't have as much to spend (relatively) as he did at previous clubs, isn't easy to determine.

Although do I agree he's a whiney get. I didn't used to think he was this whiney. Perhaps he's just got more to complain about, now that he's losing his touch.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
LH
December 27, 2017, 12:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
This rant is all a distraction/deflection away from his underperforming players so they don’t get the headlines. See also Steve Evans sensing his team are starting to play poorly so starts an argument with officials to give his team 30 seconds respite and a chance to get their heads back on.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
AndyDarloFC
December 27, 2017, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
The man is a tosser. Never accepts responsibility; always blaming someone else.

Sooner he felicitations off to PSG and out of the English game, the better.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 15
dapperz fun pub
December 27, 2017, 2:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from RichMariner
There was a study done not long ago that suggested there's no link between money spent on transfers and winning trophies.

However, there was a clearer link between money spent on salaries and winning trophies, so that suggests you're better off using your millions to reward players rather than pay for them.

Mourinho reminds me of Donald Trump in the sense that he can say anything, or even directly contradict something he said just the day before, and think he can gain the public's support/sympathy.

Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he's as good as what he was. Whether that's down to him being overtaken by others, or that he doesn't have as much to spend (relatively) as he did at previous clubs, isn't easy to determine.

Although do I agree he's a whiney get. I didn't used to think he was this whiney. Perhaps he's just got more to complain about, now that he's losing his touch.

Some reports say some wolves players are on huge bonuses running into millions of pounds if they achieve promotion, big gamble but looks like it’s paying off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Gaffer58
December 27, 2017, 2:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,083
Gold Stars: 31
I would have a premier league wage structure put in place, every player on a basic £10k a week, then they get a draw/ win bonus added, that way teams near the bottom worried about relegation are only paying out the basic money, this hopefully would stop scenarios like Bolton's where until recently they were over £150 million in dept by trying to stay in the premier, they always say they cannot afford to drop out, I would say some clubs cannot afford to stay in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
It's absolutely disgraceful that tossers in shorts and gloves can earn in a week more than our prime minister [whichever party] earns in a year. If they and their managers cleared off to where they came from they wouldn't get anywhere near what they get here-they are all taking the psss and we are allowing it-similarly with television "personalities" who's names begin Lin.   I'm not going to moan about anything else  it's Xmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
And that other overpaid shite Alan somebody
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
And that other Alan who is never wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Garth
December 27, 2017, 4:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Him with the scarred kisser  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
BottesfordMariner
December 27, 2017, 5:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Never liked Mourinho anyway. An arrogant bottom. Once he became Man Ure's manager was even more reason to detest him.

And now every time he opens his gob...excrement comes out! Really it's becoming boring now. His become a caricature of himself. Always someone or something else to blame for his shortcomings. When I see him appear on TV now i simply switch over. Cant be bothered to listen to him anymore.

Yes we all know City has spent a lot of money of the last few years. So has anybody who has any ambition to win anything..United, Chelsea & Liverpool. All spent big money as well.  

Arsenal &  Spurs???  Havent spent as much and that's why neither has any flipping hope. Yes i havent forgot what Leicester did but that was a one off, an almost inexplicable thing. It wont happen again.

Sad reality but true that any team harboring genuine title ambitions has to spend a lot of dosh. And if so called big clubs like Everton or Newcastle want to break into the elite it will take owners with deep pockets That's not City's fault.

United have always spent money. It took a big investment a few years ago for Chelsea to put in a challenge to them. It meant the same for City.

But it s a lazy argument to simply say City has spent more than anyone so should win everything.

A few facts Mourinho should consider before he whinges:

Who are the most Expensive players in the last 2 British summer transfers windows?  Pogba & Lukaku both at around £90M ! oh yes both players bought by Mourinho and United! The 2 most expensive players in Premier League history.
City's record signing Kevin De Bruyne at £54M.

Total cost of United's current squad £711M. Yes City's is more expensive at £770M.....but not a massive difference in the greater scheme of things and United's outlay is hardly small fry is it.

Mourinho's spending at United just under £300M. Guardiola at City £350M. Sorry if Mourinho has blown most of that on 2 overpriced / overhyped players.

The net spend of both teams in the Summer was almost the same as City did sell a number of players to help balance the books.

Reality is that City have bought better and have a manager who has clearly eclipsed Mourinho playing a brand of exciting and winning football United can only dream of. The game at Old Trafford recently may have only been 2-1 to City but City were streets ahead....it was embarrassing for United. Even then Mourinho tried to deflect by saying City players dive and have the 'gods' on their side and are lucky. FFS mate. You were outclassed ..simple as.

Special one??   oh you are indeed special Jose fella ! now intercourse off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Mrs Doyle
December 27, 2017, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Pep Guadiola as proved he is a class act.

Man City have never had it so good unlike Murinio he does not want all the attention instead he lets the players do the talking and boy they are shouting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
BottesfordMariner
December 27, 2017, 5:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Pep Guadiola as proved he is a class act Man City have never had it so good.

Having watched City for almost 40 years I would agree with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Abdul19
December 27, 2017, 6:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,504
Gold Stars: 215
Agree with everything Bottesford's said.

Mourinho was a breath of fresh air in 2004. Now he's a tiresome twit. It's clear why he never lasts more than 3 years in a job.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 8:22pm
Vodka Drinker
If we had £300000000 who would Russ. Slade sign to get us in Premiership
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2017, 9:14am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from RichMariner

My brother said something similar at Luton the other day, they should seriously cap wages to no more than 50K and just award the rest with win bonuses and goal bonuses. Then you’ll start seeing “passion”.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mourinho's money comments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.