2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
December 27, 2017, 11:52am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,397
Gold Stars: 9

Another nail in the Premiership coffin;   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42489031

What a bad loser, what a whiny whinger, meh.

Worth remembering that Ranieri and Leicester didn't have £300 million to spend either Mister Mourinho.

Ugh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
RichMariner
December 27, 2017, 12:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
There was a study done not long ago that suggested there's no link between money spent on transfers and winning trophies.

However, there was a clearer link between money spent on salaries and winning trophies, so that suggests you're better off using your millions to reward players rather than pay for them.

Mourinho reminds me of Donald Trump in the sense that he can say anything, or even directly contradict something he said just the day before, and think he can gain the public's support/sympathy.

Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he's as good as what he was. Whether that's down to him being overtaken by others, or that he doesn't have as much to spend (relatively) as he did at previous clubs, isn't easy to determine.

Although do I agree he's a whiney get. I didn't used to think he was this whiney. Perhaps he's just got more to complain about, now that he's losing his touch.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
LH
December 27, 2017, 12:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
This rant is all a distraction/deflection away from his underperforming players so they don’t get the headlines. See also Steve Evans sensing his team are starting to play poorly so starts an argument with officials to give his team 30 seconds respite and a chance to get their heads back on.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
AndyDarloFC
December 27, 2017, 12:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
The man is a tosser. Never accepts responsibility; always blaming someone else.

Sooner he felicitations off to PSG and out of the English game, the better.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 15
dapperz fun pub
December 27, 2017, 2:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from RichMariner
There was a study done not long ago that suggested there's no link between money spent on transfers and winning trophies.

However, there was a clearer link between money spent on salaries and winning trophies, so that suggests you're better off using your millions to reward players rather than pay for them.

Mourinho reminds me of Donald Trump in the sense that he can say anything, or even directly contradict something he said just the day before, and think he can gain the public's support/sympathy.

Mourinho is a good manager but I don't think he's as good as what he was. Whether that's down to him being overtaken by others, or that he doesn't have as much to spend (relatively) as he did at previous clubs, isn't easy to determine.

Although do I agree he's a whiney get. I didn't used to think he was this whiney. Perhaps he's just got more to complain about, now that he's losing his touch.

Some reports say some wolves players are on huge bonuses running into millions of pounds if they achieve promotion, big gamble but looks like it’s paying off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Gaffer58
December 27, 2017, 2:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I would have a premier league wage structure put in place, every player on a basic £10k a week, then they get a draw/ win bonus added, that way teams near the bottom worried about relegation are only paying out the basic money, this hopefully would stop scenarios like Bolton's where until recently they were over £150 million in dept by trying to stay in the premier, they always say they cannot afford to drop out, I would say some clubs cannot afford to stay in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
It's absolutely disgraceful that tossers in shorts and gloves can earn in a week more than our prime minister [whichever party] earns in a year. If they and their managers cleared off to where they came from they wouldn't get anywhere near what they get here-they are all taking the psss and we are allowing it-similarly with television "personalities" who's names begin Lin.   I'm not going to moan about anything else  it's Xmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:14pm
Vodka Drinker
And that other overpaid shite Alan somebody
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
golfer
December 27, 2017, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker
And that other Alan who is never wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Garth
December 27, 2017, 4:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Him with the scarred kisser  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mourinho's money comments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.