6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
December 27, 2017, 10:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
His dream job I think  he’ll take it if he gets offered it, but personally feel he’s more suited to  small clubs like Shrewsbury just think he’s not a big club manager with all that comes with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
devs
December 27, 2017, 10:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Top manager who deserves a top club
Big question mark would be could he motivate and/or gain the respect of way better footballers than he's used to dealing with?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 27, 2017, 10:41am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,448
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from devs
Top manager who deserves a top club
Big question mark would be could he motivate and/or gain the respect of way better footballers than he's used to dealing with?

He wouldn't need to, He'd re-sign Lenny, Rodman, Nolan and Toto! Worked at Shrewsbury against expectations, probably do the same at the massive Owls...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
HertsGTFC
December 27, 2017, 11:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
An opportunity not to be sniffed at.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
OllieGTFC
December 27, 2017, 12:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Quoted from golfer
He might have ambitions to finish job at Shrews. but nobody could blame him-he has ambition certainly but don't think he would break his contract -whatever it is. I think he does stand by principals.

Didn’t he break his contract at Boston to come to us ?

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
RichMariner
December 27, 2017, 12:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Tough decision for him to make - if indeed it's his to make.

Can you imagine his weekly wage at Boston - or us, for that matter - compared to what he'd likely get at Wednesday? Could set him up for life, although I'm pretty sure he'll care more about being a successful manager first.

His stock is high at the moment, and it can only rise because losing in the play-offs would still be seen as overachieving at the Shrews.

I'd try and see the job through if I were him. There will always be another big club hunting a new manager in the summer. Just depends on how much he loves Wednesday really.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
Gaffer58
December 27, 2017, 2:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
He would get a free pass for the remainder of this season, then be expected to mount a challenge next season, anywhere between £5k and £15k a week wage, near home, I bet he's got his car pointed in their direction already.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
golfer
December 27, 2017, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Didn’t he break his contract at Boston to come to us ?

That doesn't count-it was the loud one who made him do it  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
headingly_mariner
December 27, 2017, 2:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RichMariner
Tough decision for him to make - if indeed it's his to make.

Can you imagine his weekly wage at Boston - or us, for that matter - compared to what he'd likely get at Wednesday? Could set him up for life, although I'm pretty sure he'll care more about being a successful manager first.

His stock is high at the moment, and it can only rise because losing in the play-offs would still be seen as overachieving at the Shrews.

I'd try and see the job through if I were him. There will always be another big club hunting a new manager in the summer. Just depends on how much he loves Wednesday really.

Amazing opportunity if he was to be offered the Wednesday job. Even if he takes it and it doesn't go well he'd get a massive pay off and walk in to another job in league 1. If he's offered it he'd be mad to turn it down, it's so tight at the top of league 1 they could easily drift out of it and he'd still be looking at jobs like Wednesday if they got promoted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
Garth
December 27, 2017, 4:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Wednesday are is boyhood club, he says they could be a  Premier League club, his home is in Sheffield no travelling, he would be confident enough with Sniffer to go there and succeed.

He would earn ten times as much as he does now and if offered the job would take it, he`s no fool.
Shrewsbury are a glorified Cheltenam, Sheffield are a big club with history, you only get these chances now and again loyalty does not come into it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst linked with Wednesday job

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.