7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Croxton
December 26, 2017, 6:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
The fact that RS still has Woolford and Vernon in the matchday squad may indicate that they will survive the January cull.
Sadly, looks like Cardwell has not either fought hard enough or failed to gell with the club in some way because the Cardwell I see in reserve and cup games has good technique. We know about Bolly's awkward style but he would have been better than Woolford!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 66
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2017, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Or Kelly, Berrett, Clifton or even Dave Smith.

Though it would have been really negative when we where leading I would have understood if he had brought Berrett on for one of the strikers and put 5 across the middle to see the game out.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 66
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2017, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Though it would have been really negative when we where leading I would have understood if he had brought Berrett on for one of the strikers and put 5 across the middle to see the game out.

I agree - I would have kept Jones on and put Berrett & DJ on for Matt & Woolford.
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 66
arryarryarry
December 26, 2017, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I'm failing to see any sensible reason to start Woolford or to put Hooper or Vernon on the pitch. Surely Cardwell deserves a chance?

I fail to see any reason why Woolford should even be on the bench.

Woolford, Hooper and Kelly three of the worst signings we have had in a long time and a complete waste of funds.

JF should take the cost of these players out of Slade's salary.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 66
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2017, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

I fail to see any reason why Woolford should even be on the bench.

Woolford, Hooper and Kelly three of the worst signings we have had in a long time and a complete waste of funds.

JF should take the cost of these players out of Slade's salary.

Speaking of such things they need to get the Dembelle extension done now, as we can't organize a p1ss up in a brewery there is a danger he may disappear for a tribunal pittance come the time.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 66
mimma
December 26, 2017, 11:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
They've probably already asked him if he would sign an extension, and his reply is " I'm keeping my options open. "

In other words, why should I sign when I can move to a bigger club who can double or treble my wages. The only way he would sign is if we offer him silly money to match his potential. Doubt we have that kind of money with the size of the squad we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 66
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2017, 11:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma
They've probably already asked him if he would sign an extension, and his reply is " I'm keeping my options open. "

In other words, why should I sign when I can move to a bigger club who can double or treble my wages. The only way he would sign is if we offer him silly money to match his potential. Doubt we have that kind of money with the size of the squad we have.

I understood that we can trigger an extension as long as we back it up with a salary increase, which in reality means he could still move but we would own his registration and ask for a fee.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mansfield Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.