Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the train.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

Just Back-on the train.

This thread currently has 7,302 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Caesar
December 24, 2017, 10:31am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
More praise of Luton here. My previous game to this was Exeter and we lost 2-0 because we were awful and they were competent. Yesterday we lost 2-0 because we were ok and they were bloody good. Best team I have seen in a long time.

It wasn't just that they moved the ball so well and had options for every man on the ball, it was the pace at which they did everything was frightening. They should comfortably win the league if they keep playing like that. As well as technical ability they had a great desire to win the ball back and chase everything down. All round they were so strong.

The other thing I really noted is I finally can see progress. Having missed our decent run I wasn't sure if we were doing things right or just playing even worse teams. I had been wondering why sack Bignot when, ok it all seemed clueless on the pitch, but we seemed to have a long-term plan of younger players in general. I felt we had swapped that for older mecenaries who didn't care but were equally clueless on the pitch. Yesterday I saw the change, we would of lost by 4 or 5 last year or under Bignot. There was a proper commitment to block everything and an organisation to stop most attacks.  So despite still not having seen us score in bloody ages I was much happier travelling back yesterday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
lukeo
December 26, 2017, 8:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,294
Gold Stars: 134
Thanks everyone. Refreshing to see the comments from the fans that where their that we just got beaten by the better team and we didn't look terrible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
FishOutOfWater
December 26, 2017, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I see Luton were scoring for fun again today

5-0 at Swindon ( all in the second half too ) so us conceding just the two goals to them on Saturday doesn't seem that bad in reality

If they carry on in this vein for the second half of the season, I can't see anyone else but them being crowned champions
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back-on the train.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.