rancido
December 22, 2017, 1:23pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
IF we win on Saturday, we could be 9 points off 1st position, in the play-offs, and just taken 4 points against the top 2 away from home.

After we lost to Carlisle at home we was 14 points off 1st, and 7 points off the play-offs

We haven't just seen results improve, but IMO, the team improve.

Clarke has won many over, including me!

Summerfield is one of the first on the team sheet now.

Matt has earnt his place up front and looks to be staying there.

Dixon was 'unfortunately' suspended and Davies has covered in at left back effortlessly, with Mills back in at Right back.

The team has been the same 11 since beating Swindon, who were 5th at the time! , and have taken 10 Points from a possible 12.

I'm not getting carried away, as a defeat is always just around the corner in this division, but the positives are there and slade has changed our fortunates alot in a month!

But I think if Dixon hadn't been suspended then RS would have persisted in playing him at left back. Playing Davies at left-back is not as unusual as it would first appear. He played on the left in mid-field for a lot of games at previous clubs and said he is comfortable at playing on the left or right.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Maringer
December 22, 2017, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,476
Gold Stars: 185
I have to say, I think Davies has actually looked better at left-back than right-back. Whether that's because I don't have any great expectations of him bombing forward on his weak foot whereas you'd expect more attacking on his stronger side, I'm not sure.

The experience of our defence has been on show in recent games with Davies especially obstructing attackers and falling over when challenged very cleverly!

That said, the general lack of pace at the back means we're likely to get a real chasing at some point when facing a quick and athletic team who gets on top against us. As long as it only happens once in a while, not a big issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
Mariner_09
December 23, 2017, 9:44am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I’d love it if we could sign Townsend and Madden, won’t happen but would be brilliant, sort out the two issues immediately.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Going up/Staying up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.