This thread currently has 6,690 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
December 18, 2017, 7:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
I'd wish non-league on those 2 Hartlepool trolls who were winding us up and taking the urine  last season.

Karma is the word I think.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
ginnywings
December 18, 2017, 8:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I don't wish ill will on any team particularly, but someone has to get relegated and we've done our stint. Yes, it's hard to see old established clubs like the ones mentioned struggling in the lower reaches but that's what a league system is all about. They were not good enough to stay in the league and the Crawley's and FGR's of this world were good enough to replace them. We may think it goes against the established order, but that's the way it goes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
WesternMariner
December 18, 2017, 9:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't wish ill will on any team particularly, but someone has to get relegated and we've done our stint. Yes, it's hard to see old established clubs like the ones mentioned struggling in the lower reaches but that's what a league system is all about. They were not good enough to stay in the league and the Crawley's and FGR's of this world were good enough to replace them. We may think it goes against the established order, but that's the way it goes.

Personally it's the plastic clubs that I resent taking the place of proper teams with history, tradition and fans. Yes Village Green are/were good enough to have been promoted to the league (struggling as I'm glad they are now they're here) but it was literally on the Stale Mince investment and nothing else. Take that away and they're a poncey bunch of over priveliged southern nancies who ought to have stuck to watching rugger.

Fleetwood on the other hand undoubted having been bankrolled are fantastically well run community outfit from an unfashionable working class northern (fishing) town who without having a pop at anyone show what could/can be accomplished by a 'small' club - I'm coming over all nostalgic again!

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
GrimRob
December 18, 2017, 9:23pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
The sooner we get 3 up 3 down the better. The Conference is virtually full time, it deserves to be fully connected to the Football League on the basis of another division in all but name.

The sooner FGR get relegated the better. The 72 league places should be for well-supported teams from towns and cities. They earned their place legitimately but they don't have the fanbase and never will to ever survive at this level without the backing they receive.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 35
GrimRob
December 18, 2017, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Misterton Mariner
Very well done to Workington Reds for a magnificent Trophy win over  old rivals HARTLEPOOLS UNITED from their league days.

Sorry to be a nit picker but there hasn't been a team called "HARTLEPOOLS UNITED" since 1968 when they dropped the s!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 35
Les Brechin
December 18, 2017, 9:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from GrimRob

Sorry to be a nit picker but there hasn't been a team called "HARTLEPOOLS UNITED" since 1968 when they dropped the s!

Yeah, when Workington were a league team, hence old rivals from their league days.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
December 18, 2017, 10:50pm
Guest User
FGR are averaging 2,500, better than some L2 Clubs  -  is there some jealousy amongst us? Every other post on the fishy lately has been having a pop at our owner and the lack of investment. Good luck to them.
Reply: 16 - 35
lukeo
December 19, 2017, 7:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,364
Gold Stars: 143
I don't like Fgr for many reasons and hope they go down, not sure who I'd like to go with them as long as it's not a team that bring a half decent away following or a South West club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
Abdul19
December 19, 2017, 7:40am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
I'm all for equal opportunities. I dislike Hartlepool and FGR.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Maringer
December 19, 2017, 7:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I don't think you can claim FGR aren't a 'proper' club as they were members of the Conference for donkey's years before Vince took them on as his vanity project.

The moneybags aspect of things and recent crappy treatment of opposition fans makes them unlikeable but I prefer to think that's pretty much all down to Vince who strikes me as being an almighty helmet.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › When times are hard

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.