GrimRob
December 17, 2017, 12:51pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
You can see for yourself.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?v-stats/

Unique visitors, which I do have but is not on there. is a bit misleading as everyone uses so many different devices these days. There is a lot of search traffic as well as there are so many pages going back over time. Most of them leave very quickly. So I prefer the forum stats.

While the average number of clicks is pretty constant the posts have dropped off this month (partly down to no Pete granted). If you look on the archive and scroll back a few years, which I did the other day, you can see that there is a marked change between the sort of thread we have now and we did then. I think 200 different people posted in November, it would be interesting to compare with other months.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 34
KingstonMariner
December 17, 2017, 1:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
You can see for yourself.

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?v-stats/

Unique visitors, which I do have but is not on there. is a bit misleading as everyone uses so many different devices these days. There is a lot of search traffic as well as there are so many pages going back over time. Most of them leave very quickly. So I prefer the forum stats.

While the average number of clicks is pretty constant the posts have dropped off this month (partly down to no Pete granted). If you look on the archive and scroll back a few years, which I did the other day, you can see that there is a marked change between the sort of thread we have now and we did then. I think 200 different people posted in November, it would be interesting to compare with other months.

Quick glance and it looks like there are fewer threads with more posts per thread this year compared to most previous years.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
KingstonMariner
December 17, 2017, 1:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from friskneymariner
Thesis + antithesis = synthesis.

This board is becoming too Hegelian for my liking. Us Kantians are being marginalised. I'm off.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
December 17, 2017, 4:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from KingstonMariner
This board is becoming too Hegelian for my liking. Us Kantians are being marginalised. I'm off.

I'm a fan of Kant too, KM!
Reply: 23 - 34
MuddyWaters
December 17, 2017, 8:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
It seems the goalposts have moved.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
Tommy
December 17, 2017, 10:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
There's a "Let's count to a million" thread on Non-football.

Now there's a pointless topic.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
LH
December 17, 2017, 10:12pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Tommy
There's a "Let's count to a million" thread on Non-football.

Now there's a pointless topic.

13900 posts on that thread and the latest number is somehow in the 16000s.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
rancido
December 18, 2017, 6:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Doesn't that just go to show that you can't quash dissent? If Rob closes a thread attacking the board it'll just rear its head somewhere else. Look at the number of times that Rob has tried to draw a line under a subject only for it to be sparked into new life sometimes by the very act of trying to close a subject off.

You either have to accept it'll happen, or have a completely moderated board where every post has to be approved by a moderator before it's published.

Eventually the threads which are critical trail off naturally unless someone in authority does something to spark it off again. Look at last week. It went very quiet until John Fenty made the decision about the SLO and came on here trying to defend it.

I would never want to quash dissent. However, some posters look at  every thread just to find an opportunity to have a go at JF/The Board. Some threads go so far of piste as to be ridiculous, just to make some anti club point.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
LongEatonMariner
December 19, 2017, 12:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
I usually don’t take part in the pro v anti-Fenty  threads, simply because people’s views are so entrenched. To be honest when they proliferate the forum I tend to avoid it. It’s not that I don’t have a view, I do and I’ve voiced it, once.

I’m all for free speech but there are many threads that are devoid of debate and discussion and are full of bile and hatred. It’s not surprising a lot of people switch off.

Merry Christmas
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
GYinScuntland
December 19, 2017, 12:20pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from 137

I'm a fan of Kant too, KM!

So is my ex girlfriend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Comments on pointless topic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.