Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from realist
As the club is not making a loss, his exit strategy is easy:

1  Return shares to trust that he shouldn't have got in the first place
2  write off benign loans
3  Resign from the board taking whats his name with him.
4 New major shareholder runs club and invites Parker etc to join board
5 Dembele could be sold to give a financial reserve.
6 Fenty, Sonik, and Sqarkus are never seen or heard of again
7 we all get back to enjoying the football

You will enjoy the football if you leave your key board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2017, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob
Look before we launch into more posts on this topic can we just put it hold? Everyone has their say, nothing can possibly be said that hasn't been said hundreds of times before. Nobody is going to budge an inch. I won't lock the thread but I will if people keep posting on the subject. The  good thing about football is every game is different.

I'm with Bigdog on this - 4 games unbeaten doesn't exonerate years of poor judgement and bad decisions. I've supported GTFC since the days of Paddy Hamilton and several other chairman without giving a second thought to their decisions. Only in the last 15 years have I taken any notice of how embarrassing our leadership is - I support whoever wears the shirt, come what may, good, bad or indifferent. If no-one is allowed to say what they think, then this stops being an independent fans' forum. I'm independent - I want the basic right of freedom of speech - I want my football team to win every week - I don't want to see our local sports reporter hung out to dry - I don't want to see our award-nominated SLO forced out of her position and, I don't want to post on a forum that's censored.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
ginnywings
December 16, 2017, 9:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from GrimRob
Look before we launch into more posts on this topic can we just put it hold? Everyone has their say, nothing can possibly be said that hasn't been said hundreds of times before. Nobody is going to budge an inch. I won't lock the thread but I will if people keep posting on the subject. The  good thing about football is every game is different.

I wasn't going to comment on this thread but the highlighted part doesn't make sense. If you can't comment on the thread topic, you may as well lock it, or delete it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
RoboCod
December 16, 2017, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Rob, this sits badly alongside the Squarkus let-off. There's either pressure on you or you're just getting narky in your old age and want to stick your head in the sand re the Fishy troll "GYFR".

Poor stuff, think I'll share the cab ride with BigDog,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
GrimRob
December 16, 2017, 10:07pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Look the whole thread that this spawned from is pointless, that's all I meant. The whole thing was people just having a dig at one another and it just lost its way. No topic is banned but this thread deserved to die a death days ago. If you look at the message I replied to it was a continuation of factions having a go at one another. The site is becoming marginalised at the moment between extreme views, with many fans being left in the middle somewhere.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 34
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2017, 10:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
Look this whole thread is pointless, that's all I meant. The whole thing is people just having a dig at one another and it's just lost its way. No topic is banned but this thread deserved to die a death days ago. If you look at the message I replied to it was a continuation of factions having a go at one another. The site is becoming marginalised at the moment between extreme views, with many fans being left in the middle somewhere.

Maybe they should pipe up say something then. Maybe it'd help bridge the gap or help find a way forward.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2017, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from GrimRob
Look the whole thread that this spawned from is pointless, that's all I meant. The whole thing was people just having a dig at one another and it just lost its way. No topic is banned but this thread deserved to die a death days ago. If you look at the message I replied to it was a continuation of factions having a go at one another. The site is becoming marginalised at the moment between extreme views, with many fans being left in the middle somewhere.

Factions? Rob, you've run this site long enough to know that the Sick of Fents outnumber the sycophants. God knows where this club would be if it had been run properly.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
GrimRob
December 16, 2017, 11:20pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Factions? Rob, you've run this site long enough to know that the Sick of Fents outnumbers the sycophants. God knows where this club would be if it had been run properly.

QED. The very divisive language you use is belittling people as "sycophants" who support the status quo, which is not an unreasonable position in any walk of life! I'm far from certain that the vast majority of the 5,000 or so GTFC regulars and up to 10,000 occasional supporters have a burning desire for regime change at any cost right this minute. If you spend your life looking at "social media" you tend to read very extreme views, not just in football but on any subject. From the games I go to, what I overhear from those sat close to me when I do, and the people I know personally, I don't detect much appetite at all for change. But they don't necessarily all announce it to the world.

The Fishy should be for all Town fans. There has never been any other intent on my part.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 34
promotion plaice
December 17, 2017, 12:24am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from dicko995
pointless topic

Sorry for being a bit thick but I don't get it ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
DavidB
December 17, 2017, 1:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +192
Quoted from GrimRob
... The site is becoming marginalised at the moment between extreme views, with many fans being left in the middle somewhere.

It certainly feels that way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Comments on pointless topic

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.