Reply: 10 - 30
A Brace Of Tees
December 16, 2017, 8:57pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +701
Gold Stars: 3
Agree with most of the comments...Collins and Clarke were immense and hardly gave them a sniff. And Summerfield is turning out to be our player of the season - energy, commitment, neat passing, and reads the game so skilfully.

Agree we lacked a cutting edge today but it was a well deserved point away to one of the so-called better teams in the fourth division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
Croxton
December 16, 2017, 9:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Summers and Clarke joint mom. Jones talked his way to another yellow. Got to be cuter than that. Try winding the opposition up instead and then we may get more free kicks FOR us . Yes the ref was useless but we never seem to have as many free kicks whoever the ref is.
Some of our 'fans ' are such morons. Even before the match started an inebriated youth behind me decided to play the drums on my cap. Lads, this time I moved to another row to enjoy the game. Next time I'll not 'keep my kneb out'. Stewards looked keen for some action so don't draw attention to yourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2017, 9:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
1500 I think.

Ta. Not bad. Given the time of year.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
Mariner93er
December 16, 2017, 9:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
A good game were both teams were both defensively strong. You can see why county go direct to ameobi, he's like a magnet. We defended against him really well though, and when he did win a header, our defended was positioned well to deal with it. We definitely need some signings with more cutting edge in January, but for now we're doing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
FishOutOfWater
December 16, 2017, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
I was impressed by us today

We stood strong in defence when we needed to and made several chances up front, especially in the first half

I was fearing the worst before we kicked off knowing how unpredictable we have been at times this season

All in all though today I thought we rose to the challenge and if we carry on in the same vein I think we might have a pretty successful second half of the season, especially if we manage to attract a bit of quality in next month’s window

Onwards and upwards Town!

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 30
moosey_club
December 16, 2017, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
before the game i would have taken point...after the game i am not so sure....not very impressed with County at all, very one dimensional, seemed to be content to rely on falling over in advanced wide positions to win free kicks and then chucking free kicks into the box.
That could have been as a result of our solidity, Mills and Davies snuffed out their widemen and with Summerfield and Rose busy disrupting their midfield, Collins and Clarke where then left to deal with a physical contest which they are more than a match for.

Felt slightly disappointed that we couldnt have forced the game a bot more and maybe took all three...but Siriki was well marshalled and i thought Jones seemed a little off it again so left us a bit light going forward. When you looked at the bench there wasnt a great deal of hope there that someone could come on and grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

On paper a decent point so have to be happy really.

January is going to be vital for us....we need some additional pace up front in January to stimulate that attack...while the squad we have has numbers,  beyond the current first 11 there really isnt the quality there to make a huge impact.  Clear out those who you are never going to play Slade and get us a fast striker and maybe a powerful centre mid. Off loading 5/6 of the players you arent interested in using should give some wriggle room for a couple of quality players in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
ginnywings
December 16, 2017, 10:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Fit and firing Osbourne to come back will be like a new signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2017, 10:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
Fit and firing Osbourne to come back will be like a new signing.

Jamey & Tombola back add another full back who can play on both sides and all being well a fox in the box and we could be in business

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
Maringer
December 16, 2017, 11:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I mentioned to the lad standing next to me today that I'd have had Bolarinwa on for the last 20 minutes in an instant, if he'd been available. With Matt, Jones, Jaiyesimi and Dembele all knackered long before the end, he would certainly have given them a lot more to think about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.