4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2017, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
Well earned point by a well organised Town side and a good marker to how we are progressing.

Would love to talk more about the side but feeling very flat as towards the end the lads behind us who wanted to wind up my lad to the point of an incident, one of them the same te@t who was fighting at half time at Chesterfield. A couple of them well known “faces” who do the same most weeks.

Have a ticket for next week but after that experience with our own “support” doubt I’ll go away for a bit

Anyway we’ll done to the lads.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Balthazar Bullitt
December 16, 2017, 6:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Despite the referee's worst efforts that was a decent game of football and as Herts says, a good way to gauge what our potential is this season.

Started both halves the brighter team - first half particularly - without really creating too many clear cut opportunities.

Defence looked solid and apart from one free header for Ameobi in the second half we marshalled them pretty well.

A bit better quality/decision making in the final third and we'll have a pretty decent shout of the play off's.

Off topic but am thinking of starting a crowdfunder for some medical research into why footballers seem to fall over at the least physical contact and additionally why officials will give a free kick for that sort of balderdash instead of just laughing and waving play on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
Theimperialcoroner
December 16, 2017, 6:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,166
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Balthazar Bullitt
Despite the referee's worst efforts that was a decent game of football and as Herts says, a good way to gauge what our potential is this season.

Started both halves the brighter team - first half particularly - without really creating too many clear cut opportunities.

Defence looked solid and apart from one free header for Ameobi in the second half we marshalled them pretty well.

A bit better quality/decision making in the final third and we'll have a pretty decent shout of the play off's.

Off topic but am thinking of starting a crowdfunder for some medical research into why footballers seem to fall over at the least physical contact and additionally why officials will give a free kick for that sort of balderdash instead of just laughing and waving play on.

As officials we’ve had a clear directive to avoid the “get up you puff” line.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
GYinScuntland
December 16, 2017, 7:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Five of our scrotes thought I was Notts and went for me.
Five eighteen or twenty year olds onto a single fifty eight year old.
Well done girl privates.
They still backed off when given it back.
Cocks.
A van of OB passed and tried not to notice as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
headingly_mariner
December 16, 2017, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Not a great game but a decent result. Thought we were the better side, we just lack a cutting edge. If they are top 3 standard, we are not far away. Feel we might need to add 1 or 2 real quality signings though. Great effort from the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
barralad
December 16, 2017, 8:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Very entertaining 0-0 draw with Town probably just on top overall. Expected better from County who seemed content to launch long balls to Amoebi who was handled very well by Clark and Collins. Only real chance was from Summerfield's deflected effort in the first half although I'm not sure how their keeper ended up with the ball in his hands in a goalmouth melee in the first period.
Bit of a heart in mouth moment when Macca careered out of his goal to bring down their lad who was going away from goal.
Man of the Match....by an absolute country mile Summerfield. Energy, commitment, decent dead ball delivery and some crisp passing. Superb!!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2017, 8:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
I’d agree with Barra on Summerfield the way he reads the game and pops up to disrupt opposition attacks or sweep up threatening situations is really impressive and has possibly contributed to a better defensive effort lately.

Not sure if he’s our best player at the moment but he’s certainly the fittest, never stops running.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Hagrid
December 16, 2017, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,371
Gold Stars: 532
My mom was clarke who was immense and won everything at the back. Thought we didnt get our wingers into the game enough today but its a very good point nonetheless, i thought county were bang average and the ref was conned by them time after time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
LH
December 16, 2017, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
After a few too many 0-0s this season I never thought I’d be as chuffed tonight as I am but I’d have snapped your hands off for a point today. A good result and felt we were the better team.

Not massively impressed by County and really pleased with our defensive performance that restricted them to 0 shots on target. They did keep us fairly quiet though I’ll give them that.

I think Matt will be kicking himself after pulling out of the aerial challenge with the keeper - and so will the staff and players I should think! Summerfield was ace. Again.

Good away following and noise. Quite happy tonight and strongly considering a jaunt darn sarf next week now.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
KingstonMariner
December 16, 2017, 8:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LH
After a few too many 0-0s this season I never thought I’d be as chuffed tonight as I am but I’d have snapped your hands off for a point today. A good result and felt we were the better team.

Not massively impressed by County and really pleased with our defensive performance that restricted them to 0 shots on target. They did keep us fairly quiet though I’ll give them that.

I think Matt will be kicking himself after pulling out of the aerial challenge with the keeper - and so will the staff and players I should think! Summerfield was ace. Again.

Good away following and noise. Quite happy tonight and strongly considering a jaunt darn sarf next week now.

How many Town there today?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.