Marinerz93
December 15, 2017, 7:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Leave the EU immediately

Fed up with being sold down the river by 13 remainer cabinet ministers going for the softest Brexit, £40 billion for what?

Sign for FREEDOM

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200165

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
KingstonMariner
December 15, 2017, 9:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Grow up.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Maringer
December 15, 2017, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
Oh for heaven's sake. Engage your brain, please.

The hardest of hard brexits as wanted by people such as yourself who really haven't thought about the consequences, would cost our economy tens of billions a year in perpetuity. If we're going to leave, we've got to pay up our obligations from previous treaties/agreements etc. and get a clean break at the very least. Short term outlay for longer term gain. Well, not a gain, but a much smaller loss.

If we say screw you to them they'll say screw you back and we stand to lose much, much more than them at the end of the day. And every day thereafter.

For example, there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of us being able to develop and implement a system dealing with the sheer volumes of shipments crossing the channel each day in the time period available. A hard brexit with no transition period would turn Kent into a car park. We'll somehow need to magic up hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers from nowhere to keep the current levels of traffic going. Not going to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
December 15, 2017, 9:38pm
Guest User
I voted leave, but we do need to meet our obligations, the EU effectively can hold us to ransom. But we have our own aces, I'm not happy the PM is delivering a particularly good deal for us. I think she is weak, she isn't a particularly good speaker and she does not instill confidence. The UK is a huge world economy, we do need to pay the 'bribe', but only if the deal is right.
Reply: 3 - 20
Marinerz93
December 16, 2017, 12:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Grow up.

Stop remoaning.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Marinerz93
December 16, 2017, 12:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Oh for heaven's sake. Engage your brain, please.

The hardest of hard brexits as wanted by people such as yourself who really haven't thought about the consequences, would cost our economy tens of billions a year in perpetuity. If we're going to leave, we've got to pay up our obligations from previous treaties/agreements etc. and get a clean break at the very least. Short term outlay for longer term gain. Well, not a gain, but a much smaller loss.

If we say screw you to them they'll say screw you back and we stand to lose much, much more than them at the end of the day. And every day thereafter.

For example, there is absolutely no hope whatsoever of us being able to develop and implement a system dealing with the sheer volumes of shipments crossing the channel each day in the time period available. A hard brexit with no transition period would turn Kent into a car park. We'll somehow need to magic up hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers from nowhere to keep the current levels of traffic going. Not going to happen.

The rights we have are only lent to MP's they work for us but somewhere along the line our consent wasn't asked for and our rights were taken away. We never consented to a foreign power to rule us, to make our laws and regulations, and anyone who doesn't want democracy should go and live in one of the 27 EU countries. The citizens of the UK never consented to a political Union with EU it's about time it was put right. You call me saying I haven't considered the consequences but neither have you for the consequences to come if we did stay. How do we lose much more than them we import from them at a massive deficit, they will lose billions, cars, wine, chocolates, leather

Hundreds of thousands of trained customs officers, wow, just wow, what page of the scare mongering remain at any cost is that on. We according to article 50 don't owe a bean on exit. However I can be reasonable, the EU can get their £40 billion if there is no ECJ over us and we can make our own trade deals. Even Dyson said walk away and I would rather listen to someone like him than a couple of remoaners on the fishy.

How did we cope at all before the EU, without all those regulations and billions of pounds we have pumped into it.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Maringer
December 16, 2017, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
And, breathe.

Unfortunately, you're taking the typical brexiteer viewpoint in seeing incredibly complex problems as either irrelevant or easy to solve. Unfortunately, David Davis takes a similar view which is a real problem considering his important role in the negotiations.

As usual, when responding to my points, you've instead gone on a rant about themes which bear no relation to what is being discussed.

I'm taking about the customs union, you're ranting about the ECJ and closer integration.

A hard brexit would mean an immediate and unceremonial departure from the customs union. Something which we are simply not prepared for. In fact, even with a soft brexit, we would need a multiple-year implementation period to develop and design the software and systems for the new reality as well as employing and training many tens of thousands new customs officers. How else could we possibly deal with the tens of thousands of containers which pass between the UK and the EU each day? They are currently just waved through because of the customs union. In the future they will all need to processed with a large proportion checked.

If you've got an alternative solution to this issue, please share it with us. I mean, you must have because why else would you want an immediate hard brexit? I'm sure you have thought about it in great detail.

At the same time, please share with us how you would deal with the sudden implementation of a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic without causing serious political problems and risking the Good Friday agreement? How much will that cost to police each year, I wonder?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Marinerz93
December 16, 2017, 12:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
And, breathe.

Unfortunately, you're taking the typical brexiteer viewpoint in seeing incredibly complex problems as either irrelevant or easy to solve. Unfortunately, David Davis takes a similar view which is a real problem considering his important role in the negotiations.

As usual, when responding to my points, you've instead gone on a rant about themes which bear no relation to what is being discussed.

I'm taking about the customs union, you're ranting about the ECJ and closer integration.

A hard brexit would mean an immediate and unceremonial departure from the customs union. Something which we are simply not prepared for. In fact, even with a soft brexit, we would need a multiple-year implementation period to develop and design the software and systems for the new reality as well as employing and training many tens of thousands new customs officers. How else could we possibly deal with the tens of thousands of containers which pass between the UK and the EU each day? They are currently just waved through because of the customs union. In the future they will all need to processed with a large proportion checked.

If you've got an alternative solution to this issue, please share it with us. I mean, you must have because why else would you want an immediate hard brexit? I'm sure you have thought about it in great detail.

At the same time, please share with us how you would deal with the sudden implementation of a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic without causing serious political problems and risking the Good Friday agreement? How much will that cost to police each year, I wonder?

Typical remainer thinking, what do we currently do with all the goods that come from outside the EU, Obviously it will take time and money to solve the customs issue but it can be done a lot quicker than you are making out. Already you have gone from hundreds of thousands of customs officers to tens of thousands, in reality the number will be under 10,000 custom officers.  The software is already in place to deal with custom issues from outside the EU, it will just need expanding. We have giant x-ray machines that vehicles can pass through, the X-rays can filter different material type due to density, I know this because I have worked on baggage scanners at the airport, it's the same principle but on a larger scale.

I was in Cyprus before they joined the EU and sent a car from Cyprus to the UK and then a few years later sent a car from UK back to Cyprus all through the customs paperwork, it was very straight forward and yes there were costs but I managed that without much difficulty. I've sent items from outside the EU back to the UK and apart from a bit of waiting time I got the items after they were cleared by customs. Again, you put down your own country as if it doesn't have the ability to do what is necessary and fear mongering that nothing will pass through customs for months. Companies will plan in extra time, just like they did before.

If there needs to be a hard brexit that is on the EU for making the deal a crap enough deal to say no to, with £40 billion deal for what, it is estimated our obligations if we wanted to honour them was around £20 billion, whats the other £20 billion for, I'll tell you, it should be for the EU to make it a sweet deal. The Irish will just have to suck it up if there is a hard border, they voted to leave the EU but were conned in to voting again, maybe they should vote to leave if there is a no deal with the UK. Problem solved because we can make an independent arrangement with a sovereign state, theres already talk of the Irish wanting a vote to leave by one of the Irish MEPs. We are a sovereign power, if there needs to be a hard border then there will be one, maybe the Irish should be putting more pressure on the EU or is it that more likely true that the Irish are insignificant to the Commission unless they are using them as an excuse to guilt trip us into giving the EU what it wants. The ball is in the EU's court, we have done more than enough gifting them £40 billion, lets see how sincere they really are.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Maringer
December 16, 2017, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Two quick points, as I'm in the bath on my phone and heading out soon.

Firstly, good luck with x-raying cargo containers. Hint: THEY ARE MADE OF METAL. Now, what substance is it that xrays don't pass through again? You've not been advising Davis have you - sounds like the stupid sort of idea he might have.

Secondly, Northern Ireland voted remain. By a 12 point margin, no less. This is what the Good Friday agreement rests on. Funny how you went straight to 'screw the' Republic instead of considering what those in that part of the UK want. Are you sure you haven't been 'advising' Davis? Oh well, the Northern Irish will be better off as part of a unified Ireland in any case so that's where we'll be heading.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Marinerz93
December 17, 2017, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Two quick points, as I'm in the bath on my phone and heading out soon.

Firstly, good luck with x-raying cargo containers. Hint: THEY ARE MADE OF METAL. Now, what substance is it that xrays don't pass through again? You've not been advising Davis have you - sounds like the stupid sort of idea he might have.

Secondly, Northern Ireland voted remain. By a 12 point margin, no less. This is what the Good Friday agreement rests on. Funny how you went straight to 'screw the' Republic instead of considering what those in that part of the UK want. Are you sure you haven't been 'advising' Davis? Oh well, the Northern Irish will be better off as part of a unified Ireland in any case so that's where we'll be heading.

I thought you knew everything, gamma radiation is the most penetrating. Gamma radiation can only be stopped by many centimetres of lead or many metres of concrete depending on the strength of the gamma rays. On the x-ray scanner the beam is focused into a narrow beam through a collimator. The sensors for the images being placed in specific areas where it is picked up with the gamma beam. see below for a more detailed explanation. The only hold up would be if the x-ray signal generator broke down, to prove it, there are quite a few complicated tests to do on mother boards and to replace an x-ray signal generator isn't quick or easy either, the x-ray generator has to align with the collimator exactly or the picture quality is poor, so minute movements have to be checked on the display. Even on luggage scanners people have metal suit cases, and the metal on iso containers isn't as thick as some people think. Again think back to nuclear bunkers they are not just designed to withstand a Nuclear blast, they are under meters of earth and concrete to stop gamma rays.

Again you are mistaken, there will never be a unified Ireland because of sectarianism, the loyalists will never accept that and a large portion of Catholics don't want it either. Look at how the DUP acted over a customs barrier with the mainland. they didn't give the south a second thought, it was, you're not cutting us off.

You can't explain in detail what the £20 billion is for let alone the £40 billion. What are your thoughts on an EU tax on every citizen, funny how they were looking at taking some of this tax from the financial markets.

http://www.hitachi.com/rev/pdf/2004/r2004_02_106.pdf

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leave the EU immediately

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.