Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A thread about nobody special.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

A thread about nobody special.

This thread currently has 1,313 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
heppy88
December 13, 2017, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
So, another day and our non-chairman steals the spotlight, yet again. It’s becoming a regular and annoying occurrence. At least weekly he uses our club, the club we all love to shine the light on himself. It’s probably not passed your attention that the Fishy and Cod Almighty and social media in general are not full of comments about the team and performance (You know the team we support). No, these outlets are full of stories that ultimately stem from Mr Fenty himself, his comments, his decisions (no sorry they are never his decisions are they, silly me!), his actions. In fact, our non-chairman accounts for much of the words written relating to anything GTFC. Are we that obsessed about our leader that we spend all our time thinking, reading and writing about him? (Yes, I know this post and thread is about him).
Look at all the egotistical characters in the world today and throughout history. They all crave the spotlight and can only gain recognition and exposure through doing things Badly!
In their own minds they will believe they are doing a great job, a job which will benefit all. But ultimately, they are all fundamentally deluded. Their behaviour only serves their own ego's, serves their need to feel special and important. Unfortunately, egotistical leaders nearly always bring about suffering, destruction and their own sad downfall. You see, it doesn’t matter if they are remembered for good or evil, what matters to them is that they are talked about and remembered.
So, a suggestion, because let’s face it we are not going to be able to take over the club any time soon and I don’t believe there are many investors waiting in the wings, that meet the boards exacting standards for potential takeover material. How about we just stop talking about our Non-Chairman altogether? You know total shtum! Stop providing him with the spotlight, stop feeding the ego. Who knows this lack of attention may make him bored and he may just walk away?  
Fenty who?

Logged Offline
Private Message
ex-merseymariner
December 13, 2017, 8:27pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Are you seriously suggesting that to deal with these ridiculous fiascos, we should all just ignore them and he might walk away?

I doubt that...... every time there is silence JF concentrates on the vocal minority who have 'pilloried' him.

Its a farce, but doing nothing will not improve things at all.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
promotion plaice
December 13, 2017, 8:30pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from heppy88
So, another day and our non-chairman steals the spotlight, yet again. It’s becoming a regular and annoying occurrence. At least weekly he uses our club, the club we all love to shine the light on himself. It’s probably not passed your attention that the Fishy and Cod Almighty and social media in general are not full of comments about the team and performance (You know the team we support). No, these outlets are full of stories that ultimately stem from Mr Fenty himself, his comments, his decisions (no sorry they are never his decisions are they, silly me!), his actions. In fact, our non-chairman accounts for much of the words written relating to anything GTFC. Are we that obsessed about our leader that we spend all our time thinking, reading and writing about him? (Yes, I know this post and thread is about him).
Look at all the egotistical characters in the world today and throughout history. They all crave the spotlight and can only gain recognition and exposure through doing things Badly!
In their own minds they will believe they are doing a great job, a job which will benefit all. But ultimately, they are all fundamentally deluded. Their behaviour only serves their own ego's, serves their need to feel special and important. Unfortunately, egotistical leaders nearly always bring about suffering, destruction and their own sad downfall. You see, it doesn’t matter if they are remembered for good or evil, what matters to them is that they are talked about and remembered.
So, a suggestion, because let’s face it we are not going to be able to take over the club any time soon and I don’t believe there are many investors waiting in the wings, that meet the boards exacting standards for potential takeover material. How about we just stop talking about our Non-Chairman altogether? You know total shtum! Stop providing him with the spotlight, stop feeding the ego. Who knows this lack of attention may make him bored and he may just walk away?  
Fenty who?

There's always one that will break the silence.......anyone know when/if Pete is coming back ?    

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Rodley Mariner
December 13, 2017, 8:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I don't think he craves attention. He just thinks what he says should be unquestioningly accepted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
heppy88
December 13, 2017, 8:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
Are you seriously suggesting that to deal with these ridiculous fiascos, we should all just ignore them and he might walk away?

I doubt that...... every time there is silence JF concentrates on the vocal minority who have 'pilloried' him.

Its a farce, but doing nothing will not improve things at all.

Good point and up to today I shared your sentiments. But what realistically can we do to remedy this situation? I’m not saying ignore the issues, just ignore him, altogether. I realise the issues and him are always intertwined. But, just maybe, if nobody took any notice of him then he may just walk away. In a perverse way I think he likes the attention he so obviously attempts to garner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
GrimRob
December 13, 2017, 8:36pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from heppy88

Fenty who?

Good idea, so let's start another thread about him.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 9
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2017, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't think he craves attention. He just thinks what he says should be unquestioningly accepted.

Spot on. He's right, we're wrong. End of debate.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
heppy88
December 13, 2017, 8:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Good idea, so let's start another thread about him.

Yes,I put that in my post, but thanks for reminding me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Marinerz93
December 13, 2017, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
How dare any body attack our glorious great leader Comrade John Fenty,

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lkiPq6x.jpg[/img]

just how dare you, if it wasn't for "yours truly" there wouldn't be unicorns riding on the rainbows that allegedly come out his bottom. Who else is capable of this great feat, if you know of anyone send them his way so he can destroy them or see them off. There is only one glorious great leader comrade and don't you minions whose opinion doesn't matter forget it. Hail Fenty, don't hate the player and Stevenage didn't happen mmkay stop talking about it

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
mariner91
December 13, 2017, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Fenty is your classic narcissist. Loves the attention being on him, loves being in a position that makes him "superior" to the rest of the fan base and can't understand why anyone would ever disagree with what he thinks. In fact, he's so fantastic that he doesn't even need to take in to account what others think at any point as he's never made a mistake in his life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A thread about nobody special.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.