Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO Quits!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 192 Guests

SLO Quits!!!

This thread currently has 10,712 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
December 13, 2017, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Having read the posts about the latest fiasco to beseech GTFC. I having been trying to work out what Mr Fenty and I presume the rest of the directors have been trying to achieve over the last few months. As a person who has been a director of 3 companies and managed several more I am totally bewildered by what there thinking is.
Mr Fenty has always stated that he would sell the club if the right people/ person came along but the board are making the club unattractive to buy with their actions over the last few weeks.
I do believe that Mr Fenty has had enough and would like to sell the club but I do think that until that happens he should bring people in to run the club. For a man who has 2 million pounds in " benign" loans he certainly isn't putting forward a good reason for anybody to come forward and take over.

Good point. If you want to leave somewhere, make it more attractive rather than less so. Strikes me that departure would be an admission of failure and, for someone who's never wrong, that would be a bridge too far.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 84
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2017, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
A snake can shed its skin but a leopard can't change its spots. When a snake sheds its skin it's still a snake-I wish we could shed a snake instead of its skin-fck the leopard.---Confucius say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ZBqpEUbik

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 84
Cambs Mariner
December 13, 2017, 10:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Good point. If you want to leave somewhere, make it more attractive rather than less so. Strikes me that departure would be an admission of failure and, for someone who's never wrong, that would be a bridge too far.

It does make you wonder. Admitting defeat is the hardest thing in life.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 84
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2017, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Squarkus

So you must no what has happened, I would like to see both sides of the discussion ginney or argument for that matter, so if you want to enlighten us all feel free, she may of resigned for pearsonel reasons we are all speculating at present.

So has something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 84
Kristine
December 13, 2017, 11:03pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from darren9
This is getting ridiculous. We lurch from one disaster to another. The goodwill and the positivity from the promotion season has gone.

The staff have changed. Management and players have all gone. Alright, managers and players do that. They always have and they always will but it's changed quickly and the team spirit and unity between us and them has gone.

We've learnt nothing, absolutely nothing from our lowest point, from our years in non league. It was the perfect time to build and to gather momentum- that might even have aided with the building of a new ground.

Instead, what we have is in-fighting and an awful, awful
Atmosphere. Fans have been called bullies, we've not been backed by the club when we've been treated appallingly and now the voice we have has been silenced.

I don't post much on here and I don't talk much football on social media. I prefer sarcastic tweets that are only funny to me. But I've had enough. The club is being strangled. The fans marginalised and it's the play-thing of the major shareholder.

I've long thought it pointless to complain. I was even of the belief that without him we'd be in trouble. But we're in more trouble with him at the helm.

It's time, getyourfactsright to stop falling out with fans, the media, message boards, other board members, investors, managers, players and god knows how many other people and take a good long look in the mirror. These catastrophies can not possibly all be other peoples fault and the arguementative aggressive tone does no-one any favours.

No amount of badly worded, press releases, message board rants or odd interviews perched on top of a snooker table can fix this.  

The club needs to appreciate its fans and to involve us. Not treat us as an inconvenience.

Football without fans is nothing and you're in danger of driving the fans away from GTFC.

No it hasn't  UTM

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 84
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2017, 11:19pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Kristine

No it hasn't  UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 84
Marinerz93
December 14, 2017, 12:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
[img]https://i.imgur.com/sEwPXWa.gif[/img]

Quoted from Kristine

No it hasn't  UTM

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 84
1mickylyons
December 14, 2017, 7:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Kristine

No it hasn't  UTM

Glad to hear it.Just like to say thanks for the job you have done and congratulations on being one of the few people representing GTFC off the field in recent times to have had any positive impact with the fans.The decision for you to quit speaks volumes about your integrity and the lack of from others who seem hell bent on self destruction because they cannot accept any kind of criticism be it perceived or actual.

Kristine could you please clarify what if any role you had/have with the GTST?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 84
fleabag1970
December 14, 2017, 7:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I actually think the club  doesn't take the fans seriously . I assume they are thinking that they are just dealing with a couple of keyboard warrior bullies who are stirring the pot and upsetting everyone ..... it happens when someone has been in power for so long . Just look back through history . If you don't agree with him don't go to the games , that is the only real power the fans have .... I never thought id say it but the posts on here are becoming a tad boring now .  Just vote with your feet . Gtfc will be there waiting for you when you come back .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 84
1mickylyons
December 14, 2017, 7:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from fleabag1970
I actually think the club  doesn't take the fans seriously . I assume they are thinking that they are just dealing with a couple of keyboard warrior bullies who are stirring the pot and upsetting everyone ..... it happens when someone has been in power for so long . Just look back through history . If you don't agree with him don't go to the games , that is the only real power the fans have .... I never thought id say it but the posts on here are becoming a tad boring now .  Just vote with your feet . Gtfc will be there waiting for you when you come back .

Be far better if everyone attends the games with a whistle and in the 16th minute stand up turn their backs to the game making as much noise as possible chanting in unison Sack the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › SLO Quits!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.