2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
December 12, 2017, 7:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,182
Gold Stars: 51
The Unity Day whilst in my opinion not publicised very well or early enough was a definite positive step in the right direction from all concerned given the past few weeks. I would love to see all parties follow this up with a repeat versus Accy with an emphasis on getting the message out early and looking to get those home stands filled.Well done all.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
thevera
December 12, 2017, 8:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Unity Day whilst in my opinion not publicised very well or early enough was a definite positive step in the right direction from all concerned given the past few weeks. I would love to see all parties follow this up with a repeat versus Accy with an emphasis on getting the message out early and looking to get those home stands filled.Well done all.UTM

I think Unity Day could also have been called ‘last home game before Christmas day. Not a criticism of the club rather a good business decision to boost the crowd. However I don’t think they will be giving tickets away for a game the could reasonably expect a decent turnout anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
1mickylyons
December 12, 2017, 8:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from thevera

I think Unity Day could also have been called ‘last home game before Christmas day. Not a criticism of the club rather a good business decision to boost the crowd. However I don’t think they will be giving tickets away for a game the could reasonably expect a decent turnout anyway.

I wouldn`t want them to give them away but flog them in the Osmond/Main for £12 again and kids go free.That was a half decent game Saturday and despite the Baltic conditions I think a lot of those extra fans would return for the Accy game.When there is virtually nil away support the Club need to think about what they can do to get bodies in the ground.The entrance fee aside it`s all those extra pounds spent on food drink and merchandise plus the boost the home players should get.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
dapperz fun pub
December 12, 2017, 8:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,685
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I wouldn`t want them to give them away but flog them in the Osmond/Main for £12 again and kids go free.That was a half decent game Saturday and despite the Baltic conditions I think a lot of those extra fans would return for the Accy game.When there is virtually nil away support the Club need to think about what they can do to get bodies in the ground.The entrance fee aside it`s all those extra pounds spent on food drink and merchandise plus the boost the home players should get.

For many people round here twelve notes to watch forest green is laughable even if you could bring every kid in the street.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
1mickylyons
December 12, 2017, 9:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

For many people round here twelve notes to watch forest green is laughable even if you could bring every kid in the street.  

The average price is around £20 for league 2 football and only my opinion but that`s vastly overpriced for the fayre on offer and almost certainly off putting to someone contemplating taking the kids to watch a game for the first time. Not Town`s fault it`s just the way it is in 2017 how refreshing would it be though off the back of the Unity Day for GTFC to do some proper research with the Trust and look to tap into the local catchment area? Said it before say it again with the volume of shift workers in NE Lincs this Club must think outside the box to attract new/more fans into the ground regularly.For nearly 40 years they have largely sat back and waited for the fans to come and in only 3 of those Seasons have they managed to average more than 7k at home.I think it`s high time they changed there tune and engaged with the supporters (sounds like they are now willing to try) some of whom like myself are urging them to think outside the box and change their marketing with a view to getting bottoms on seats. BP is heading towards it`s final few years and given the history and misty eyed nostalgia we all have for her it`s only fitting we ALL do what we can to get her filled week in week out til the curtain comes down. Yes winning football will bring in crowds of course but not nearly enough to fill the home area`s week in week out in League 2 from the current fanbase.The NE Lincs catchment area stands at around 200k and 4-5k of those regularly attend BP surely with a bit of effort another 2k can be dragged in kicking and screaming? The support is there GTFC but you have to go and GET IT.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Croxton
December 12, 2017, 9:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,924
Gold Stars: 31
No brainer in terms of promoting family friendly marketing. Due to every home game costing me £15 in fuel I economise on the programme so I am not able to comment on whether it covers it's costs or pays off for the club. Does it, or the club website,  maximise opportunities to target the family audience?
Demographically, we are losing the generational links to being a Town fan. Kids have other options for entertainment. We may have a relatively large fan base for League 2 but it is fragile in several ways.
Several weeks ago, during one of the scoreless tumbleweed performances, a 70 odd year old fan shouted at his team in a wavering voice 'you're all too old!'. We all laughed at the irony.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
1mickylyons
December 12, 2017, 10:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Croxton
No brainer in terms of promoting family friendly marketing. Due to every home game costing me £15 in fuel I economise on the programme so I am not able to comment on whether it covers it's costs or pays off for the club. Does it, or the club website,  maximise opportunities to target the family audience?
Demographically, we are losing the generational links to being a Town fan. Kids have other options for entertainment. We may have a relatively large fan base for League 2 but it is fragile in several ways.
Several weeks ago, during one of the scoreless tumbleweed performances, a 70 odd year old fan shouted at his team in a wavering voice 'you're all too old!'. We all laughed at the irony.

An excellent but worrying point regarding the age of the fanbase.On a normal matchday with no offers the alarming lack of fans under the age of 30 should be a major concern to all. I would suggest well in excess of 50% of the average gate are aged over 40 and go largely out of a sense of duty it`s what we have grown up with Town are at home we go simple as that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Squarkus
December 12, 2017, 9:27pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The average price is around £20 for league 2 football and only my opinion but that`s vastly overpriced for the fayre on offer and almost certainly off putting to someone contemplating taking the kids to watch a game for the first time. Not Town`s fault it`s just the way it is in 2017 how refreshing would it be though off the back of the Unity Day for GTFC to do some proper research with the Trust and look to tap into the local catchment area? Said it before say it again with the volume of shift workers in NE Lincs this Club must think outside the box to attract new/more fans into the ground regularly.For nearly 40 years they have largely sat back and waited for the fans to come and in only 3 of those Seasons have they managed to average more than 7k at home.I think it`s high time they changed there tune and engaged with the supporters (sounds like they are now willing to try) some of whom like myself are urging them to think outside the box and change their marketing with a view to getting bottoms on seats. BP is heading towards it`s final few years and given the history and misty eyed nostalgia we all have for her it`s only fitting we ALL do what we can to get her filled week in week out til the curtain comes down. Yes winning football will bring in crowds of course but not nearly enough to fill the home area`s week in week out in League 2 from the current fanbase.The NE Lincs catchment area stands at around 200k and 4-5k of those regularly attend BP surely with a bit of effort another 2k can be dragged in kicking and screaming? The support is there GTFC but you have to go and GET IT.

We need a new stadium, simple as that, the facilities at BP are crubbish as we all know, we punch above our weight at times with the support which is unmeasurable at times given the 6 years in the conference and the legacy of the Buckley era we all crave, we will return given the tools to do so, the council of our great historic town are a major problem in holding GTFC back and many other projects within our borough, we pay there wages and in my opinion all they do is protect their own interests and try to protect their voters, I vote totally different in local elections as to national elections, our ( Grimsby) population is going to get bigger in the future without a doubt, we have all the house building going on in our area, the south bank is thriving and growing considerably as is the population ( she as you put it will never die) I do honestly think the trust and the club research every avenue and cover every market place to get the best for the supporters and the club, please bear in mind they all have to make ends meet as we do, also if you look at the population of Manchester,  Grimsby Town is better supported than them as per the populationd, yes £20 squiddlys is a lot of money, but we are talking about live entertainment, admittedly we don't know what we will receive on the day but that is the same as going to a show at the auditorium paying more-than £20 squiddlys for alleged entertainment as I did the other night
PS our little girl will never die.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
MuddyWaters
December 12, 2017, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,786
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Squarkus

We need a new stadium, simple as that, the facilities at BP are crubbish as we all know, we punch above our weight at times with the support which is unmeasurable at times given the 6 years in the conference and the legacy of the Buckley era we all crave, we will return given the tools to do so, the council of our great historic town are a major problem in holding GTFC back and many other projects within our borough, we pay there wages and in my opinion all they do is protect their own interests and try to protect their voters, I vote totally different in local elections as to national elections, our ( Grimsby) population is going to get bigger in the future without a doubt, we have all the house building going on in our area, the south bank is thriving and growing considerably as is the population ( she as you put it will never die) I do honestly think the trust and the club research every avenue and cover every market place to get the best for the supporters and the club, please bear in mind they all have to make ends meet as we do, also if you look at the population of Manchester,  Grimsby Town is better supported than them as per the populationd, yes £20 squiddlys is a lot of money, but we are talking about live entertainment, admittedly we don't know what we will receive on the day but that is the same as going to a show at the auditorium paying more-than £20 squiddlys for alleged entertainment as I did the other night
PS our little girl will never die.

Interesting points. I think that the board and the trust would do well to encourage fans to be bigger & better flag-wavers for the stadium project & I think fans that are sceptical about Peaks Parkway would do well to realise that it's now not about the location but to re-locate somewhere. There is no sense in continuing to spend on BP - the fans need to realise that BP is burning cash and whatever our feelings about Extreme and/or Peaks Parkway, we need to get behind the project now!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Squarkus
December 12, 2017, 10:09pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -295
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Interesting points. I think that the board and the trust would do well to encourage fans to be bigger & better flag-wavers for the stadium project & I think fans that are sceptical about Peaks Parkway would do well to realise that it's now not about the location but to re-locate somewhere. There is no sense in continuing to spend on BP - the fans need to realise that BP is burning cash and whatever our feelings about Extreme and/or Peaks Parkway, we need to get behind the project now!

Not just ours Codger, anything that can improve and better anything in the town, this particular project could be a flag ship, I was in Sheffield today, they was bust ten years ago and now they have everything the hospitals are to  die for ( please forgive the pun)  the steel died and they moved on, they have got regeneration going on everywhere ( still yorkies though) it does put us to shame I am afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unity Day/Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.