This thread currently has 1,304 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LH
December 11, 2017, 12:14am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
In the morning we’ll wake up and there’ll be a twit of the Week thread on here but I want to beat that thread to it and nominate three local heroes.

My girlfriend goes to see her uncle every Sunday (to keep it footy related he bought her a “I dribble for the Mariners” bib when she was a baby) Today she was walking with him on the path by Alexandra Dock next to the Heritage Centre when he collapsed and had a third suspected heart attack in about 18 months.

Two men and a woman were nearby and were quick to help. One of the men performed CPR which has helped him far enough to enable our brilliant ambulance service and NHS get him to Castle Hill over the bridge to their intensive care unit. I’m not sure he’s out of the woods yet but he’s obviously a fighter having beaten it twice before so we’re hopeful.

He means the world to my Mrs. She has only missed a handful of Sundays with him in the 12 years I’ve known her and I’ve only really truly understood their relationship while I’ve spent time with my niece on a Sunday in the last three and a half years.

If it was anybody on here who helped today can I extend thanks from my Mrs and her family. This weekend has really made me proud of the people I share a Town with; this and the foodbank collection. We’re a really good bunch around here.
Private Message
lukeo
December 12, 2017, 6:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Hope he has a full recovery bud x
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Heroes of the week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.