3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
December 10, 2017, 11:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'm not sure about the solutions that have been put forward. How far does the beautiful game have to be pushed towards sterility. The free flowing nature of football makes the game far more attractive than the stop start of rugby. Blow the whistle for time off and blow it again for the game to start again. Technology will advance so quickly that we could have games in the future where every decision made is 100% correct. A great part of the game is taken up with fans venting their spleens about being hard done by or equally by having a lucky break. I know every fan of every club feels like the footballing gods are generally against their respective clubs, but it generally evens itself out apart from if you're Man U playing at Old Trafford. Maybe over the years we wouldn't have had to suffer "Fergie Time", and yes, timewasting can be extremely frustrating when we're on the wrong end of it, but football is the great game it is because it's not perfect. It's why forums like this one thrive, prosper and are full of threads about the inequities and shortfalls of the game..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
UpTheMariners
December 11, 2017, 12:18am
@Daniel_Rudd
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -6
0-0 games should be 0 points for both teams too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
rancido
December 11, 2017, 7:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Better learning from Rugby League they've been doing it for decades the posh boys have only been doing it since TV got interested. RL has a rule where by if one side forms a scrum and the other tries to slow the game down by not being ready the ref calls time off.

Both codes don't call time off that much in reality all the standing about at the scrum in union is still part of the game and if the ball goes out the time it takes for a line out is not added on. They do call time off when they go to the screen or have to bollock the players for not packing down properly but the changes refs call at the scrum has reduced a lot of mucking about at the set piece.

Refs in football have the law on their side they just don't choose to use it because most of them know the rules but know nothing about the game.

FFS, another snide ,stereotypical pop at a group of sportsmen.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
HertsGTFC
December 11, 2017, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido

FFS, another snide ,stereotypical pop at a group of sportsmen.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
toontown
December 12, 2017, 10:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,269
Gold Stars: 70
having the clock stopped whenever the ball is out of play and reducing game time to 60 minutes is being actively considered i think.
on average that would mean slightly more actual 'play' than now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Maringer
December 12, 2017, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
And just think of all the wonderful TV advertising breaks which it would allow!

That's the only reason this would be under consideration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
mimma
December 12, 2017, 11:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78

one other point from Saturdays game, they tried to take a short goal kick, but were closed down quickly. The defender stepped into the penalty area and played the ball before it had left the penalty area, to stop him loosing the ball, resulting in the referee correctly ordering the goal kick to be retaken.

I would like to see a change in the law to stop this. One solution would be to award a corner instead of another goal kick when a defender touches the ball in the area from a goal kick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
crusty ole pie
December 13, 2017, 1:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,326
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from mimma

one other point from Saturdays game, they tried to take a short goal kick, but were closed down quickly. The defender stepped into the penalty area and played the ball before it had left the penalty area, to stop him loosing the ball, resulting in the referee correctly ordering the goal kick to be retaken.

I would like to see a change in the law to stop this. One solution would be to award a corner instead of another goal kick when a defender touches the ball in the area from a goal kick.

Could not agree more I said when that happened that should be penalised with a free kick blatant stretching of the rules
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
denni266
December 13, 2017, 10:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
I think there is too much messing with the rules.. just leave it as it is and let the ref decide on deliberate time wasting,, lets face it all teams do it to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
KingstonMariner
December 13, 2017, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
And just think of all the wonderful TV advertising breaks which it would allow!

That's the only reason this would be under consideration.

You've convinced me it would be a bad idea for this reason alone!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time Wasting

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.